12-11-2014 12:32 PM
- If they are being sync'd to iCloud then you can view them in the email page on www.icloud.com
If the notes existed on the phone before you signed upto iCloud then they won't sync. I had to copy and paste into a new note to copy mine.
Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
Last edited by auntiewiv; 10-28-2011 at 01:11 PM.10-28-2011 01:09 PMLike 1
- I have an identical problem - I want to keep the notes on my iPhone backed up, so I opted out for enabling iCloud sync. However, none of my iphone notes were indeed transferred to my icloud account. I have been waiting for more than an hour now. I just want to save my notes since I have some 100 + of them and don't want to loose access to them should something happen to the iphone.12-19-2012 11:32 AM
- I have an identical problem - I want to keep the notes on my iPhone backed up, so I opted out for enabling iCloud sync. However, none of my iphone notes were indeed transferred to my icloud account. I have been waiting for more than an hour now. I just want to save my notes since I have some 100 + of them and don't want to loose access to them should something happen to the iphone.12-19-2012 11:41 AM
- If you have a computer for this, I also recommend doing a manual backup to iTunes. iCloud backups can go haywire, and if your notes are that important to you, it will give you an additional source for them. I let the nightly automatic backups to iCloud run, but every Sunday, I do manual full backups to iTunes.12-19-2012 01:34 PM
The first is what you need in order to keep your iphone notes backed up and what you would eventually need in case you need to restore your iphone. To enable iCloud backup go to Settings > iCloud > Storage and Backup and toggle the "iCloud Backup" switch to On.
The latter is just linking your iCloud account with your iPhone notes. Notes which already existed on your iphone before you enabled iCloud sync will not get transferred to your iCloud account.12-20-2012 10:38 AM
- so you mean that i cannot back up my notes from my iphone to my icloud account? why if I was able to do the same with my contacts already? I have two notes accounts "On My iPhone" and "iCloud" and these tend to be separate. There is no way for me to keep a backup copy of my "On my iPhone" notes?01-03-2013 10:07 AM
- so you mean that i cannot back up my notes from my iphone to my icloud account? why if I was able to do the same with my contacts already? I have two notes accounts "On My iPhone" and "iCloud" and these tend to be separate. There is no way for me to keep a backup copy of my "On my iPhone" notes?01-03-2013 10:28 AM
- Hm, according to this thread, syncing "old" notes from "On my iPhone" account is not possible, even if you have iCloud notes sync enabled. Maybe this is your problem too?
Transfer iPhone "on my phone" notes to icloud - MacRumors Forums
I would really rather just use something like Copytrans Contacts Notes backup utility to keep iphone notes from this account backed up.
Last edited by Kaitokomauri; 01-22-2013 at 09:35 AM.01-07-2013 11:41 AMLike 1
- sorry for grammer, just writing this quickly.
I just wanted to write a response, just in case anyone else is reading this. Nobody at the Apple store really knew the answer I had to figure it out for myself.
My old iphone had a lot of software issues, it was then transferred to new iphone. I had to restore new iphone in order to get rid of the bugs. Also some of my notes, of course the most important ones, were not transferred to the new phone at set up. I was told to email the notes from old iphone. Well, the old iphone was not restored yet and still had problems so the emails were lost in the ethers, who knows. I didn't know until next day, should have checked email on the spot to see if sent. Anyway, so thinking they were emailed, we restored the old iphone to original settings, with most icloud data transferred, (EXCEPT the important notes, for some unexplainable reason, I've been trying to get on chat for two hours online, something must be wrong with their system, so I still don't know why, I think it's some type of glych.)
I followed some advise below, but to no avail.
I then did what the technician at Apple store advised, to restore the iphone while plugged into pc. I did that, still the important notes weren't transferred.
Now this is so weird and makes no sense,
-after restoring iphone while plugged into PC (I do not know if the restore was even needed to execute the following...so try doing it without first)
-in Settings where it lists icloud, mail, notes, reminders, phone, messages, etc.
-I clicked on Notes
-it had two selections: icloud or gmail, so weird because hotmail is technically my main email. (Again, the "mysteries" of Apple ensue)
-where it said Default account, gmail was checked. hmm, gmail? that's weird I thought
-so I switched it to icloud
-when I went back into my Notes all the notes were magically there.
I have no idea how or why, but finally at ease....
I hope this can help somebody out!
Good luck.12-11-2014 11:52 AM
Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.12-11-2014 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD