Using both icloud and my computer to back up?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i havent used the icloud backup yet. when i first went to enable the icloud backup to turn it on it says "your iphone will no longer back up to your computer automatically when you sync it with itunes" i still want my computer backup as well. so how do i have my icloud backup and my computer back up working with my iphone?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Let me ask this:

If on iTunes I choose to backup to my computer only that's fine.
But I can basically create two backups if I just unplug from iTunes
and backup wirelessly through the phone, right? It doesn't turn
off my setting on iTunes to backup to computer only when plugged
in does it?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
When I plug my phone into my computer it obviously backs up my phone automatically like it should. My question is this. So if I enable iCloud backup it won't automatically back up my phone because the iCloud backup is on correct? But when I plug it in I can just right click on my iPhones names and hit backup and it will do that correct? Also, if I have the iCloud backup on, will my phone sync automatically to my computer when I plug it in? I don't have to manually sync now do I?

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
When I plug my phone into my computer it obviously backs up my phone automatically like it should. My question is this. So if I enable iCloud backup it won't automatically back up my phone because the iCloud backup is on correct? But when I plug it in I can just right click on my iPhones names and hit backup and it will do that correct? Also, if I have the iCloud backup on, will my phone sync automatically to my computer when I plug it in? I don't have to manually sync now do I?

When you enable back up in icloud the iphone wont sync automatically when connected to your computer, you have to right click on you device's name and select back up, I personally have icloud back up enable but everyweek I do a manual back up on my computer, just to be on the safe side..

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
There is a difference between syncing and backing up. I understand the computer won't backup automatically but will it sync automatically when iCloud is enabled? Or neither

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR