I'm sorry but I'm still confused about adding multiple iCloud accounts.
I'm really confused about this whole iCloud situation that I'm in. I've read all of the articles but they really didn't help. Let me try to explain my situation the best I can.
Me and my fiancé share one iTunes account. We want different iCloud accounts cause obviously we don't want each others data showing up on our phones.
Now awhile back I made a MobileMe account for find my iPhone. I used the same @aol.com account that I use for my Apple ID.
When I upgraded our phones to iOS 5 I entered in the same email I use for my Apple ID and MobileMe. Now since I signed into iCloud with my MobileMe account I received an email saying the MobileMe has been converted to an iCloud account.
Now what steps do I need to take so that my fia ncé and I can have our own separate iCloud accou nts on our devices? Here are a few questions I have.
Would it be ok for me to keep the same @aol.com account that I use for iTunes for my iCloud account or can I make a different one?
How does my fiancé go about making her own iCloud account?
Another thing is since we've been sharing the same Apple ID our Game Center has both my friends and hers. What would we need to do about getting different accounts for Game Center?
Any help or advice is appreciated!!
- 10-19-2011, 11:24 PM #2iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
I don't know much about transferring from MobileMe - but I can try to help with a few things...
- You can both continue to use your shared apple id @aol for iTunes... Just go into settings/store on your devices and ensure your apple Id is correct at the bottom. You can sign in/out separately here from iCloud.
- to create new iCloud accounts you have to have other apple id's. you can create new apple id's (as many as you want) with any valid email account. Go here to set it up: https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/We...localang=en_US
- once you've set these up, set up a new iCloud account on your own Apple device with your own separate apple id's (settings/iCloud). This can be different from your iTunes apple id - or (only) one of you can use your same @aol account that you already had.
- you may need to sign out of your old account - make sure you keep your info on your device, which would then be sync'd to your new account.
- for game centre, one of you (like - the one with less friends) may need to sign out and start again with one of your new apple id's
Hope this helps...
Thank u for the help!!
Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
- 10-25-2011, 10:38 PM #4
Don't sign out under store because thats the apple of you want to share to download app music etc. under settings iCloud on the bottom press delete when it asks to keep info on phone or delete press keep ... So when You log in with new iCloud it will sync her info
Now make a new iCloud / apple id After u create the Icloud you will have to verify the address by clicking a link in the email you set up as the Id
then log in with the new id under settings iCloud
now your fiancée will have her Id for iCloud find my iPhone etc. but under store you still both will use the same original Id for purchases.
Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
Last edited by Peligro911; 10-25-2011 at 10:41 PM.
- 10-27-2011, 02:13 AM #5iPhone Newbie
- 44 Posts
For example, I'm firstname.lastname@example.org on both machines, but for one device my iCloud account is email@example.com and for the other my iCloud is set to firstname.lastname@example.org. Same account, separate clouds.