iCloud shows incorrect storage available.

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have used only 323mb of data on my 5gb iCloud account, but is says I only have 967mb available. Anyone else showing a discrepancy? Anyone know how to get this corrected?

Thanks.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Did you check the " manage storage" option in the icloud settings? It'll tell you in detail the size of everything icloud is backing up.
If you have a lot of videos or photos then that might be the reason

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I take a lot of pictures, what i'm doing is turning off picture and videos in the icloud storage settings, I always transfer my pictures once a month into my portable memory, I dont really need icloud to back it up everyday, this way my back ups never go over 600MB

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have the photo roll turned on either.

I went into the detailed stuff by tapping on "Manage Storage". That's where I got the numbers I posted. It's been a few days since I originally posted and it's still wrong. Maybe I can reset my storage somehow? Kind of a formatting of my iCloud space?

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Sure you dont have a couple of very heavy apps?? Like a gps or something, go back to storage setting and check ALL applications to see if there's something taking all your space, if not I'd suggest disable and delete icloud back up and then enable it again . ( back up with your computer before this )

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again for all your help with this. I finally figure out that my iPhone hadn't fully refreshed the backup cycle, so it hadn't removed the previously backed data. All is well now.

In related news, I realized that it is only going to back up when it is plugged in, locked, and charging. Hmm...not a very convenient option for people like me who use the iPhone for a clock/alarm clock at night. I have app-enabled iHome. Oh well. I'll just do it manually till Apple (hopefully) updates this feature.

KashSystems

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again for all your help with this. I finally figure out that my iPhone hadn't fully refreshed the backup cycle, so it hadn't removed the previously backed data. All is well now.

In related news, I realized that it is only going to back up when it is plugged in, locked, and charging. Hmm...not a very convenient option for people like me who use the iPhone for a clock/alarm clock at night. I have app-enabled iHome. Oh well. I'll just do it manually till Apple (hopefully) updates this feature.

They are not going to update that setting, they have you backing up to icloud while charging because of the amount of battery life wifi is going to use if you do gigs of backup. They also do not want people to probably backing up while they are on other people's wifi services and their phones getting massively drained because of it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2