Not just another contact thread...about Siri
Ok so here's the deal:
To get Siri to be able to store family nick names (sister, brother, wife, father, etc..) you need to be syncing with iCloud. I currently house all my contacts out of Google and sync with Mac/iPhone.
I was looking for options to get the above fixed:
Option: disable Google sync for contacts in phone and sync with iCloud. Have Mac sync iCloud and Google...but when i went to turn the option on in the Mac, i got message staying Google needs to be disabled.
So the only other option is to sync phone with both iCloud/Google but I believe this will cause duplicates as i read in other posts...
So what am i left with? Do i loose here?
Ok i have figured it out!
So for those of you who still want to Sync with google. do the following:
1. Open the contact manually
2. edit the contact on your phone and scroll down to end where it states "Add field" and choose to add a nick name
3. name the field Brother, Sister, Mother, etc... and save the changes.
4. close out and back to main screen.
5. Launch Siri and ask her to send a message to ""nick name" where it equals Brother, Sister, etc...
6. It will she is going to send a message to "contact name" and ask if you want her to remember that contact as that nick name.
7. agree and cancel the message request.
You're down...moving forward every time u say nick name it will remember that contact and won't ask you again to confirm.