Apple ID / iCloud - Family Usage

Youngbill

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

I've been struggling with this issue since the iOS5 release. Between myself, my wife, and my daughter we have 2 iPhones, 2 iPads, and an iPod Touch. Before iOS5 all devices used my Apple ID and life was good. Now, with the addition of iMessage & iCloud, sharing the same Apple ID is proving to be a challenge. My thinking is to keep my Apple ID for the app store/iTunes on all devices and create different Apple ID's for each user and use these for iMessage/iCloud. Let me know your thoughts and how you are handling it.

Thank you,
Bill

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
That's what you have to do, create a different iCloud account for each person.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
the easiest way to accomplish this is when setting up a new device or a device as new... skip the step for the apple id login. log into each separately.

What I did was create a "family" itunes account.. this is the one we use for the store and purchase all the apps on.

Use same accounts on all devices:
Store

Use individual user accounts on each device for everything below.
iCloud
iMessage
Facetime
Gamecenter.

My family itunes account used to be "MY" itunes account attached to my e-mail address. I changed the email address on that account and created a new account and attached my email address to that. The created individual apple ids for the wife and kids.

Reactions: doublebullout

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73