Cannot Get Mail/ Cannot Load Mail

vito.carlo

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
L.S.

I keep getting this message (Cannot Get Mail; the username or password for iCloud is incorrect) on my iPhone4. On iCloud.com I keep getting this message (Cannot Load Mail; help apple improve iCloud by reporting this problem).

My Apple id and my password are correct (100%sure). I've set my iCloud mail on my macbookpro and my iCloud mail works perfectly.

Any suggestions or solutions?!?!?

Tnx

jbjones1975

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
i am having the same issue. When I open the mail app on my MacBook Pro, it keeps asking me for my mail password, and even though its correct, it comes back as incorrect.

iCanadian

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. When I try to login to my @me.com account on icloud.com it says that an "unknown error has occured" and to report it to Apple.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Getting a similar issue on my iMac. Mail is telling me it cannot connect to the incoming mail server pop3.imap.me.com or whatever the hell it is.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I was unable to log into icloud.com from work (can't have my cell with me), and I couldn't get to my mail for well over an hour. Unacceptable! Seems to be working now...but this is why I am slow to get off Gmail.

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I was unable to log into icloud.com from work (can't have my cell with me), and I couldn't get to my mail for well over an hour. Unacceptable! Seems to be working now...but this is why I am slow to get off Gmail.

I am having the same issue, but with my gmail. "Cannot get mail. The user name or password for gmail is incorrect. This just started like an hour ago. It was working fine this morning.?

Edit: phone was on the charger when issue was happening, when i pulled of the charger, all emails were pushed thru. ???

Last edited:

vito.carlo

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my girlfriends iPod touch and iCloud e-mail is working fine. In the advanced mail options I just learned that in the Mailbox behaviors my e-mail boxes on the server aren't active (on the contrary on the iPod touch the server e-mail boxes are active).

I am no expert but does this mean that the problem isn't my hardware nor settings but server of Apple itself?!

Any expert help/ opinion?!

vito.carlo

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I've have found a 'temporary' solution for me.com mail on the iPhone (see below).

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3386364?start=0&tstart=0

MobileMe - iCloud "Cannot Get Mail" *Problem solved, disregard* - MacRumors Forums it looks like it is a server issue at apple?!?!?

I did this:

Disable "Mail" and "Notes" in your iCloud settings. (We are replacing these two functions with our manual account)
Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account... > Other > Add Mail Account
Fill in your name, Address (@me.com), password (for the iCloud mail account) and description.
Under IMAP tab, fill in the following:
Incoming Mail Server
Host Name: p04-imap.mail.me.com
User name: ("abc" if your email address is abc@me.com)

Outgoing Mail Server

Host Name: smtp.me.com
User Name: (again, "abc" if your email address is abc@me.com)
Password: (your email account password)

Next then Save. If everything is done properly, you should have your emails coming in, and notes syncing with your Mac.

If the incoming server host doesn't work for you, you can check the correct one in the Mail.app on your Mac, under "Preferences > Accounts".

This is obviously a workaround and i guess will stop working sometime in the future.
Seems clear the issue is about the username used.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Try changing your Apple ID password to the new system. One capital letter and one number. I had to do that and everything works now.

vito.carlo

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
ctt1wbw, Thanks for the advise, I changed my password last week but i gave up on the iCloud. But I just tried out my new password and immediately it worked.

On a side note, my iMessage and facetime was not working either but this morning suddenly both up were and running.

Tnx again all for the input.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
No problem. I had major problems with the iCloud control panel on Windows 7 with my password. I could receive email via imap, but could not send via smtp. It worked with the same password on my iPad and my iPhone and my MacBook, but not on Outlook. I soon discovered that Apple changed the password policy to the new and now everything works just fine.

I'm loving iCloud so far, it's just finding apps that support, or plan to support, iCloud sync as far as task management apps is concerned...

Lbun2

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem.

1. Deleted account
2. Reinstall/setup account again

Thats what i had to do to solve that problem.

Now im dealing with other issues

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh