iCloud and apple id problem

drlwb

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I decided to set up a separate apple id for my wife for her phone so we could have separate iCloud accounts. So, when I went to set up an apple id with her email, it said her email was already associated with an apple id, which doesn't make sense.

So, to be sure, I entered her email and asked to send an email to reset the password. Well, it then said there was no apple id for that email. Still, when I try to create an apple id with that email, it still says it is associated with an apple id and won't let me set up the new one.

How can I remedy this? Is there an easy way to email apple support with this? Their support site isn't helpful with this at all.

epb

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I decided to set up a separate apple id for my wife for her phone so we could have separate iCloud accounts. So, when I went to set up an apple id with her email, it said her email was already associated with an apple id, which doesn't make sense.

Have you tried logging in with the e-mail to see what happens? Maybe you've already got a second account. I signed up for MobileMe a while back and at the time it was freaking out over using my Apple ID, so I used the Me e-mail address. Now I've got two iCloud accounts - one generated by my Apple ID, one migrated over from MobileMe. I had to assign the latter to my iPad since it's got more space 25GB instead of 5.

crazy4cell

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
hello all, try this as its what I had to do just to get iCloud mail to work on my iPhone 4.

delete mail account from iPhone if a gmail account delete it from computer!

now go back and setup computer with new iCloud @me.com account
now on iPhone go to settings then go to mail contacts,calendars now go to add account

enter apple ID user name and the acct password if it did like mine it should show its verifying and no error messages come up your good to go.

I can't explain it as all I wanted to do was setup a me.com mail but until I got rid of gmail on both machines no matter if I set iCloud as default and shut gmail acct off it was having no part of working period.

I'm new to iPhone only had for 7months but I'm a taurus so giving in not my way.

I hope this helps you all out.
now I still can access gmail just have to login on there site so machines don't see them go figure.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

So, to be sure, I entered her email and asked to send an email to reset the password. Well, it then said there was no apple id for that email. Still, when I try to create an apple id with that email, it still says it is associated with an apple id and won't let me set up the new one.

How can I remedy this? Is there an easy way to email apple support with this? Their support site isn't helpful with this at all.

Check your apple id on apple's site and see if her email is associated with yours. Remove it. No one else would have it associated but you most likely.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77