Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default How can I load my music to the iCloud?

Hi
    I have a lot of music on my iPod which I don't purchased on iTunes,
    How can I remove a lot of them from the iPod-storage to the iCoud (in order to save the iPod storage for another puposes)? I don't find any descripton about this

Does anyone know a solution?

Regards
    -garbarek-
    iMore Nanite

That would be the purpose of iTunes Match. It hasn't rolled out yet, though.
    iMore Intermediate

Supposedly end of the month for $25/year
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5

iCloud and iTunes Match is not a music "storage" or streaming service. It simply keeps a record of your purchases or with iTunes Match, replaces your music from "other" sources with the iTunes 256kbps version so you can download it to your device without having to use the iTunes application on your computer.
    iMore Intermediate

Actually iTunes Match kinda is. You can upload music that apple doesn't have which makes it storage. It will let you stream your music collection and cache certain songs but they manage that.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5

Quote Originally Posted by rstark18 View Post
    Actually iTunes Match kinda is. You can upload music that apple doesn't have which makes it storage. It will let you stream your music collection and cache certain songs but they manage that.
    Not necessarily, it's a quasi streaming. It works the same way Audible works, when you start to download your track it starts to cache and lets you begin playing that track before it's completely downloaded. After you've listened to the track you can leave it there on your device or delete it.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by KrispyKrink View Post
    Not necessarily, it's a quasi streaming. It works the same way Audible works, when you start to download your track it starts to cache and lets you begin playing that track before it's completely downloaded. After you've listened to the track you can leave it there on your device or delete it.
    I don't know if it's going to work like that (as far as letting you keep a "Start Streaming" song. The reason I say this is in the Keynote they say it will "Intelligently Cache" streamed content.I guess we'll see later this month.