iCloud, iTunes 6 iOS devices and 4 different users, help!!!

EEZ123

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I have 6 iOS devices, 2 iPods 2 iPhones, 2 iPads. I have 4 people in the house using these and we all use the same iTunes account for music and apps. If we set up multiple iCloud accounts my understanding is that we will not be able to share paid apps and music purchased at the iTunes store, is that correct? If so is there a workaround? Would it be best for most of the devices to not set up an iCloud account. Just need a little guidance here.

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
You can use one id and password for the itunes and app store so that you may sync music and apps across all devices if you want (set up in settings under store) and you can set up multiple id's for the cloud service so that everyone has their own cloud. Or you may set up a specific cloud id to use on multiple devices to share items and have a different cloud account on the other devices that you dont need to share with. We have (5) devices. My wife and I both have ip4s and ipad2s and my daughter has an ipod touch we all use the same id and password for the appstore and can share music and apps if prefered, and we have our own cloud accounts seperate on our devices. Hope this helps

Reactions: EEZ123

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
You probably want to use different me.com accounts for icloud. Create them. You do this in setup. The only exception are devices you personally use. Give those the same icloud id.

Use same apple id that you buy apps on for apple store.

Imessage. Typically, you use the owner of device's apple id.

Last edited:

jyoung

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
My head has been spinning too with how to mange all this content and not have to lose what I already have purchased and currently share on my iTunes account.

From what I have gathered I am looking at iCloud as simply a place to backup data instead of backing it up on your computer. You can have a unique iCloud username and your shared Apple ID on the same device. They don't have to be the same Apple ID. The only thing you will lose without having the same iCloud Apple ID on every device is the ability to instantly update your photo stream, contacts, email, bookmarks etc across all devices when you make a change on one.

I feel your pain and this forum and TiPB have helped me tremendously in previous instances and haven't let me down yet.

Good Luck

EEZ123

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, I didn't realize I could have a separate login to icloud and the store on each device. That makes it a bit easier. ;)

gbonyou

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I also have a question. My wife and I both have the iPhone 4. We have separate iTunes accounts, but we use the same computer. I updated to iOS5 and would like to do the same for her. Can I use the same computer to do that? Will it put all of my apps on her iPhone? What is the best way to do this? Thanks for the help in advance.

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
where exactly do you create different icloud id"s? on your devices or on a website somewhere??

You can do it on the device or appleid.com In the device, go to settings>mail,contacts,cal>add account>icloud, at the bottom of the screen you will see the option for get free apple id

Reactions: Bosox20

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice