Itunes cloud and two phones!

budgeuk

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
hey all,

i have many IOS devices.

ME the wife an ipad appletv mac......

me and the wife use the same itunes account so we can share out library how does this work with icloud!

i dont want us both to use the same cloud email and i have set it up to have it on mine and she has her own, but we still use the same ITUNES id to buy music and apps.

will this affect itunes match? as she will want the same access as me

reagannixon

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
similar problem

our issue is that we have one mac, i have an iphone 3 that will be switched to an iphone 4s in about a week, it is ordered, my wife has an iphone 4 and an ipad we have 2 itunes accounts one for my phone and one for her devices, here is the kickers, my mail, contacts and calendars are received on my device via my office exchange account, hers is private also, i have more or less taken over her ipad and my exchange account (mail, contacts and calendars) are received on it. I installed ios5 last night on her ihone 4 and ipad, but i am not sure i want to go to the cloud because her contacts might get merged with mine because of the ipad situation. I have thought about getting her another ipad 2 and taking completly over the old ipad, thus syncing it under my itunes account. Thouhgts, susggestions?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
budgeuk I'm in the same situation exactly as you. The way I'm doing it is all you have to do is when you enable iCloud on the device make sure the mail, calendar and contacts are all off. Then hook up the device to the computer and in iTunes make sure it's set to sync your mail, calendar and contacts with the machine locally. Then that's all she wrote your music, apps, photostream will all be synced between the devices through the cloud but the other stuff will be synced locally with the machine.

reagannixon this would be the same for you just make sure the contacts is off on all the devices that you don't want to go through the cloud and then sync it locally. Getting her an iPad 2 would ofcourse make things easier ofcourse.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711