iPhoto 9.2 and Photo stream

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have this working?

I upgraded iPhoto to 9.2, and enabled Photo Stream, but I don't see an option to add my iCloud account within iPhoto. The only options are for MobileMe, Facebook, Flickr and Mail.

Photos taken on my iPhone are not showing up, even though I've enabled it on my phone.

Does anyone have this working and willing to advise?

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Are you on Lep/Snow Lep. or Lion? I am stuck on Snow (old MBP) and got the software update to make it work for icloud....but Snow can't use icloud... preeeeetty awesome =/

KashSystems

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have this working?

I upgraded iPhoto to 9.2, and enabled Photo Stream, but I don't see an option to add my iCloud account within iPhoto. The only options are for MobileMe, Facebook, Flickr and Mail.

Photos taken on my iPhone are not showing up, even though I've enabled it on my phone.

Does anyone have this working and willing to advise?

On the side bar of iphoto there is a section label photostream. The pictures show up automatically. In your settings panel on your mac, there should be an icloud option that allows you to check off everything. It should of popped up after you restarted your mac from the update.

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
icloud only works with lion. That's a huge bummer as i didn't want to update to lion because there's no sound with hdmi out and they haven't fixed that bug yet. I updated anyways. apple dropped the ball on that one. lion's cool, but snow leopard was just fine with me.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
On the side bar of iphoto there is a section label photostream. The pictures show up automatically. In your settings panel on your mac, there should be an icloud option that allows you to check off everything. It should of popped up after you restarted your mac from the update.

Yep. Everything is checked in the Lion control panel under iCloud. Well everything but Locate my Mac - it's greyed out with a message "Recovery System Update Required". But that's whole 'nother issue.

I've checked/unchecked/restarted and nothing seems to work to resolve this.

I don't see the option to add any iCloud account to iPhoto - the options for account type are: MobileMe (?), Facebook, Flickr and Email.

KashSystems

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Everything is checked in the Lion control panel under iCloud. Well everything but Locate my Mac - it's greyed out with a message "Recovery System Update Required". But that's whole 'nother issue.

I've checked/unchecked/restarted and nothing seems to work to resolve this.

I don't see the option to add any iCloud account to iPhoto - the options for account type are: MobileMe (?), Facebook, Flickr and Email.

With Iphoto open click where it says Iphoto on the top left had of your screen, you should see preferences. When you open that up photostream should be the 4th option from the left.

Reactions: Fausty82

KashSystems

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Now also, go to system preferences on your mac. Under internet and wireless you should see Icloud as the first option. Click on that and photo stream is the 5th option down. Make sure that is checked off also.

Reactions: Fausty82

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
With Iphoto open click where it says Iphoto on the top left had of your screen, you should see preferences. When you open that up photostream should be the 4th option from the left.

Yep. Got it. Everything is checked:

✓ Enable Photo Stream
✓ Automatic Import
✓ Automatic Upload

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Now also, go to system preferences on your mac. Under internet and wireless you should see Icloud as the first option. Click on that and photo stream is the 5th option down. Make sure that is checked off also.

Yep... everything is checked there, too.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help KashSystems. It's working now.

The resolution: I stopped being an idiot.

I have multiple devices and thus, multiple iCloud accounts... and I was logged into the wrong iCloud account on my MacBook Pro.

I appreciate the assistance!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen