Help with Contacts please.

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I use G mail and have gone through and updated all my contacts with as much info as I can obtain for each person/organization. Then I went on iTunes on my computer and in the info tab for my iPod and told it to sync my contacts with Google G mail. It did, and my iPod contacts now mirror my Google contacts.

My question is: Do I need to mess with Outlook on my computer or will the iCloud just use my G mail to sync my contacts on my new iPhone 4s like it happens now with the iPod?

I hate Outlook because it downloads all my email's to my computer, which I do not want and short of deleting my G mail account in it, can not stop it from downloading every time I open it up.

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you cardfan, I followed the instructions at the link on my iPod and set up the exchange account and then deleted all the contacts on it and did the sync. Perfect! So now I do not even have to hook the iPod to the computer and sync contacts any more. Same with the 4s once I have an exchange account on it. Thanks again.
By the way, I never use Outlook, but I read where the iCloud uses it, someplace, and I was really trying to get 'er set up and ready to go. I do all my email work online at the mail sites. I do not want that junk on my computer.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Thank you cardfan, I followed the instructions at the link on my iPod and set up the exchange account and then deleted all the contacts on it and did the sync. Perfect! So now I do not even have to hook the iPod to the computer and sync contacts any more. Same with the 4s once I have an exchange account on it. Thanks again.
By the way, I never use Outlook, but I read where the iCloud uses it, someplace, and I was really trying to get 'er set up and ready to go. I do all my email work online at the mail sites. I do not want that junk on my computer.

Don't think you need outlook then. icloud control panel can use it, but you don't have to.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2