Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    The Latest

Default Is sharing contacts across multiple iCloud accounts possible?

Does anyone know if it's possible share contacts across multiple iCloud accounts the same way that you can share calendars?

As of now I have my wife and I have two computers, two phones and an iPad sync'd to one mobile me account as we share contacts and calendars for our business.

Once iCloud is released, because of all of the other features like photostream and backups I would now like to have our phones sync'd to separate iCloud accounts to keep things clean and separate. The problem and questions is, if they are sync'd to separate iCloud accounts is there still a way to share our contact database between all these devices.

I guess the other angle would be this: Is it possible to sync your phone with multiple iCloud accounts and turn everything else but contacts off on one of them?
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    5,565 Global Posts

You can do your last sentence. When you go to add an email account, icloud (mobileme) is listed as an option.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    You can do your last sentence. When you go to add an email account, icloud (mobileme) is listed as an option.
    If this is because of using 2 different computers including one for work, it wouldn't work if you use windows xp like most businesses.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    5.0 GM

I just don't think you can sync multiple iCloud accounts on one device. Your best bet would be to add contacts manually and back it up on iCloud so you won't have to enter them manually ever again.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    5,565 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddialogue View Post
    I just don't think you can sync multiple iCloud accounts on one device. Your best bet would be to add contacts manually and back it up on iCloud so you won't have to enter them manually ever again.
    You can add more than one icloud account. Under "add account" in email settings, tap that, then it brings up type of account to add, icloud, exchange, gmail, etc. Tap on icloud. Put in info and there ya go.

Only your main icloud account can use photo stream, docs & data, and backup though. But this works fine for contacts, calendars, email, etc.

Both him and his wife should add their shared me.com account as a secondary additional icloud account that will sync their contacts between each other.
    Thanked by:
    muzikmyke (10-12-2011)
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    The Latest

Default Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    You can add more than one icloud account. Under "add account" in email settings, tap that, then it brings up type of account to add, icloud, exchange, gmail, etc. Tap on icloud. Put in info and there ya go.

Only your main icloud account can use photo stream, docs & data, and backup though. But this works fine for contacts, calendars, email, etc.

Both him and his wife should add their shared me.com account as a secondary additional icloud account that will sync their contacts between each other.
    This is exactly the answer I was looking for. We can each have our own separate iCloud accounts for things like photo stream and backups, but also share one between our devices for contacts and calendar only.

Thanks for the info!
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version
    iOS 5

Default Secondary iCloud account on Windows 7 PC

This thread has been very helpful to set up multiple iCloud accounts on our Apple devices (Mac, iPhones, iPad) - thank you!

I'm sharing contacts with my wife, and she uses a Windows PC (running Windows 7) as her desktop, with Outlook for mail/contacts etc... it's the only device left out of the mix right now - as it appears that she can only login to one (1) iCloud account (her own), and can't add a secondary one (mine).

Does anyone know if/how you can set up a secondary iCloud account for Outlook contacts on a PC?
    Last edited by kbongard1; 10-19-2011 at 04:55 PM.