So many questions..

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
What we still don't know about iCloud | Apple - CNET News

Looks like this will be a support nightmare for apple. Best option for me is to leave backups turned off, photo stream, email, contacts, calendar..all that crap turned off that google sync already does....and just use it for reminders, bookmarks, and docs&data sharing with ipad.

The wife & kiddo i'll probably just turn icloud off.

So not a feature, but something to turn off til it's worth anything.

Last edited:

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
That was my initial thought too. But then I decided to use the backup option. I like it although I also do an iTunes backup for extra safety. I use Google for everything except Reminders, bookmarks, Notes, docs&data, & Find My iPhone. Seems to be working pretty smooth so far

kfreemanii

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
i agree cardfan! They have options for what you to sink most of the time, i on the other hand would have to see it be done and used before i try it.

Pmt061204

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I just think the syncing between two devices is where it is going to get tricky if both you and your spoouse have all the devices(iphones, ipads). Just have to wait and see how others manage before I get to into it.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I think it's too soon for many of us to make judgment on iCloud. I assure you on the public release, Apple will make it as easy as possible for confused consumers. Everything that's being said about it is pure speculation. It tends to annoy and anger the more confused of people. Apple will need to make sure that isn't the case, because not everyone has patience. We're living in a society who like to feel like there are instant obvious results from everything we do.

Last edited:

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, we know how the media can be: usually, either biased for or against Apple. We also know that the media tends to make things sound worse (or better) than they really are. I think Apple will have ironed out this whole iCloud confusion. Like I said, even us in the developer community could get pretty confused during early beta stages on how exactly iCloud is used, and how it can be put into Applications.

I think people just need to understand that the majority of iCloud will be inside of the applications we use. Yes, backups are going to be great, but I don't think music is really a big part of iCloud until you sign up for iTunes Match. But, still, I'm interested to see how the public reacts to its release tomorrow, and how the first 4S owners will take it.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73