am i being thick? how do i upload music and photos?

madeirabhoy

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I've got iOS 5, signed up for iCloud, logged in on the web interface and i can see mail, contacts, calends, find my phone (which is cool !) and iWork.

wheres photos and music and how do i upload?

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'd be interested to hear from some iTunes Match Beta subscribers. I very much like this feature.

As far as syncing music, if you buy something from iTunes, it will sync to all your devices. If you didn't get it from iTunes, iTunes Match is another way to go to be able to sync music you didn't purchase from iTunes, and you get to listen at 256k - so long as the music you're listening to is available on iTunes.

My apologies if this is confusing.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
This is good to know. I also have a really elementary question. Do you have to multiple devices to use iCloud or can you store data from one device in iCloud? Ie, I have a MacBook, can I still use the storage space in iCloud to back up my data on my MacBook? Thanks.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Not elementary at all, dear. :) This will take a bit of a learning curve, as it did for me as well.

So to answer your question, absolutely, only if it's all part of the same iCloud account. I think Apple's goal is to have each user with their own iCloud account, running on their Mac, iPhone, iPod, and/or iPad. If you're running OS X 10.7.2 with iCloud, just go into Settings and you can find iCloud there, and choose everything you want to sync. You sync Mail and Notes, Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Photo Stream, Documents and Data, Back to My Mac, and Find my Mac all from iCloud settings. These are all part of your one iCloud account. For example, if my iCloud account is diamonddialogue AT me DOT com, my iPhone 4, iPad 2, and Mac all sync to one account AND all share storage space.

Last edited:
Reactions: leharris22

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Not too much longer. :) I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised. Mainly, those of us who have been beta testing it since day one have already had our frustrations with it, and now we get to all see the smooth public version come out. I think most people who insist that they hate iCloud already just haven't had enough time to use it and/or have only used the beta versions with all the bugs.

Apple is really changing everything up, and we'll see it go from rough stages to operating with precision and much easier to understand. I think one of the best things is that all my notes are always there, synced on my Mac and my iPad/iPhone, and no matter what happens to your device, you still have your contacts, notes, and whatever else is plugged into the cloud.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Now I'm temporarily having to use a Blackberry Bold - I don't mind it at all except the media side of this phone is terrible. I do like some features of BB though, but nothing Apple isn't doing on the new iPhone/iOS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2