What happens when the limit is reached?

Rick0926

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I plan on backing up my wifes's phone, my phone, and our iPad to iCloud. Just curious does the iPhone alert you somehow if the 5 GB limit is reached? I expect I will go over and need to pay, but I hope it tells me somehow without having to manually check.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Interesting question. Each device should have its own iCloud, though, so space really shouldn't be much of an issue.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
You have to buy more space. When you plug your iOS device in, it will say the backup is too big and there's no room for it, and suggests that you upgrade your space or delete some data.

I think most people will have to go over the 5GB limit, especially if you have both iPad 2 and iPhone.

Reactions: Rick0926

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but it would be better of you have different IDs for all different people that way you don't use all the space too fast

EggoEspada

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
You have to buy more space. When you plug your iOS device in, it will say the backup is too big and there's no room for it, and suggests that you upgrade your space or delete some data.

I think most people will have to go over the 5GB limit, especially if you have both iPad 2 and iPhone.

Have any idea how much it would cost to go over and how much more they give you? I have about 10GB worth of music, but I'm always adding to it.

zack125

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I can't say I like those prices, not trying to troll, but Google offers 20GB for $5/year... I really want to use iCloud, since I hate having to sync my iPhone (whether through cable or WiFi)... any chances Apple can lower those prices?

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Have any idea how much it would cost to go over and how much more they give you? I have about 10GB worth of music, but I'm always adding to it.
How many songs is 10gb? I see on apple page they will provide 5gb for items not purchased from itunes. I am trying to figure out how many songs =5gb since at this point, 90% of my music library is from existing CDs.

My ipad2 does not state how much specifically of my used gb is from music.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
How many songs is 10gb? I see on apple page they will provide 5gb for items not purchased from itunes. I am trying to figure out how many songs =5gb since at this point, 90% of my music library is from existing CDs.

My ipad2 does not state how much specifically of my used gb is from music.

Music isn't part of icloud. That would be itunes match if you decide to pay for it.

Pmt061204

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
But if all the music, photos, and movies are not included in the 5GB then I'm not really sure how much more you'll need. I certainly don't keep that much docs on my phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73