Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Default iCloud with multiple devices

i have an iPhone 4, wife has a 3gs, and my son has a iPod touch 4th gen. do i need to create an iCloud acct for each device? or will it backup each device seperately on the same iCloud acct?
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    iOS Version

As long as you keep each device with a different name, you can individually upload separate backups to the same account. Keep in mind that all backups will then subtract from your iCloud storage space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonejunkie3 View Post
    As long as you keep each device with a different name, you can individually upload separate backups to the same account. Keep in mind that all backups will then subtract from your iCloud storage space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, you can have as many devices you want. Make sure they have different names though, you WILL get confused haha. Good luck!
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

yeah i name them as jons-iphone, wifes-iphone etc... thanks for the responses.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Are you doing this for the simplicity of purchases or what? If you set up and account for each you won;t have to share storage space... Just an FYI!
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne
     iPhone 5S Space Gray (16GB) iPad Mini White (16GB) 
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

yeah i guess since they are free accounts i might as well set one up for each device.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Yea for now its a bit of a hassle. Im sure Apple will allow specific profiles and restrictions for devices in a later iOS version (iOS 6?). Surely it will be done very tastefully as always and hopefully retains it Apple simplicity with Steve gone...but yea i think other post solved your question, im just always speculating. I should be a analyst gosh darn it.