iTunes Match and existing iPod

ericg1840

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
I have an iPod classic that i have had for years with a ton of music on it but most of it i have deleted off my computer to free up space. I was wondering if i signed up for iTunes Match and plugged my iPod into my computer would iTunes match scan the songs that are on my iPod also? Any insights or suggestions would be awesome, just want some more information before i spend the $24.99.

Theophany

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I strongly doubt that iTunes Match will scan your iPod. You should look into solutions to transfer music from your iPod to your library.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I have an iPod classic that i have had for years with a ton of music on it but most of it i have deleted off my computer to free up space. I was wondering if i signed up for iTunes Match and plugged my iPod into my computer would iTunes match scan the songs that are on my iPod also? Any insights or suggestions would be awesome, just want some more information before i spend the $24.99.

I haven't confirmed this or not, but I believe iTunes Match is only for iOS devices.

Reactions: zackawee27

ubuntudroid

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a 4th gen. iPod as well. With iTunes Match are they (Apple) trying to move away from the old iPod format?

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
With iTunes Match are they (Apple) trying to move away from the old iPod format?

Probably, but not just for iOS devices. The Classic iPods contain hard drives and mechanical parts. The iPod Touch line is much more robust and less prone to breakage (except for he screen :) )

But hard disks are cheaper to manufacture than SSD and/or flash memory chips, so the capacity of the Classic line is larger. I will be sad to see them go. My 120GB Classic is still going strong.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234