Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

143 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

Default iCloud Syncing Issue

Hi everyone,

For some reason my iPhone will not complete a backup to iCloud. My iPad running iOS 5 beta 5 does it no problem. My iPhone will sit at "2 minutes remaining" for about 10 minutes. Then it will jump to "There was a problem completing the backup. Please try again later". I've only sync'd with iCloud successfully ONCE with my iPhone. I recently purchased more storage with the iCloud because I didn't have enough, so memory shouldn't be an issue. Sometimes the progress bar will show almost complete, then I'll lock the phone for a minute, unlock it and the progress bar will jump back to maybe 5% complete.

Is there a magic trick I need to do or a special dance to get it to sync properly?

iMore Genius

8,216 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

well it is still in the beta phase. not so sure if i would go as far as what it appears you are attempting

maybe just wait until all the bugs get worked out and it goes public?
    iPhone Newbie

47 Posts

they warn you in the change log that icloud should not be synced to yet if your not a dev... they are still doin system purges every so often so be carefu if you do sync to icloud
    iPhone Nanite

8 Posts

It happened few times with me but I did it successfully after few days. There may be temporary issues and solved later on. So I would suggest you to try it again.