MobileMe

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Is there a product that could be listed as MobileMe software and software only? I purchased a MobileMe subscription last year but there was no CD software in the box, has anything changed?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Not sure what you mean. The box contains a code that basically gives you a 1 year subscription for your username.

On the Mac, the "software" is built-in; MobileMe has a System Preferences pane to control the account, Sync settings, iDisk, and Back to my Mac.

On Windows, the "software" is a free download from Apple; the Mobile Me Control Panel that has some of the same options (no Back to my Mac, of course).

None of these come in the box. It's just a box, I guess, the same way AppleCare is a box but the real value is the service, nothing tangible.

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Ok because I just bought a MobileMe service on eBay and while I had success the first time (got it on Amazon much cheaper and it's legit) this auction said it was for the software not the subscription service and I didn't read that part until I already won the auction and paid for it. I went back and forth with the seller of the item and basically quizzed him on everything in the auction (of course it was after and I have been on eBay for years and this is the first time I did not read the auction close enough) and he basically said it was the same thing I get at Best Buy for 99.99 and the box has been sealed. Hopefully the code in the box still works.. if not I am out 50 wing wangs

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I was wondering if there was a way to check the code to make sure it's a good one without using it for yourself. I just setup Google Sync and it works just as good as MobileMe so I won't be needing the subscription I just paid for. I need to make sure the code is good before I re-sell it though to avoid problems for myself. Can you check with Apple or is there a way to check for yourself?

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
It's in a sealed box with the Best Buy $99.99 sticker on it so it's legit. I am selling it on the Marketplace if anyone is interested.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro