Questions about MobileMe. Help Please

whitewuf

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am confused. I have been using my company email account on my iphone 3G and also Mail app on my macbook. However, the emails that i sent via my macbook doesn't show up on my iphone and vice versa. I was told that i should use MobileMe. I signed up for 60days free trial. But i still can't get done. Can one1 help me please. Thanks in advance.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Are you sending it via MobileMe? When you send a new message in Mac Mail. There is a small pull-down window below the "Subject" line. This will have your different email accounts in it. Just select MoMe to send by. That should work.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
there's not enough detail.

how are you getting your work email on your phone and macbook? exchange, imap, pop3?

Ignore the post above mine. If you use mobileme it won't come from your work account and replies will not go to your work account

whitewuf

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
ok, i didn't make myself clear. My company uses their own xxxx@xxx.com address. All these while i use Mail app on my macbook. After i got my iphone 3G, i check my mail and reply very often. The problem is, the email that i sent via macbook or my iphone cannot be sync. Meaning there's no way i can connect the two so that i am connected no matter which device i email from.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, I thought you were using MoMe for work. Like flyingmember, said give us your set up of the different email accounts and how you want the iPhone to handle them and maybe we can help figure it out.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Ok. I will take another swing art this.:rolleyes:

You have a work account (xxx@xxx.com). It is a pop3 account not Exchange? You are getting the work email on your Macbook and iPhone. I am assuming since you are using pop3, the Macbook is checking for new mail every few minutes. You check your iPhone manually. No push is going on at this time. Correct?

If this is what is going on, and your work does not offer IMAP Exchange service, forward your work email to your MoMe account. Be sure to set up MoMe account on iPhone and on the Macbook in the Mail app.

This is what I do for my work account. It works perfectly. YMMV. The only thing is that when you reply from your iPhone through MoMe it will show up as (xxxxx@me.com) to whomever you send it to. This has not been an issue for me or my customers. They just know that I am on my iPhone. There is even a signature setting that says "sent from my iPhone".

whitewuf

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Brickman: That's the only way to do it? so does that mean all the sent emails that i have for the 6 months on my iphone is gonna be lost since i set up pop3 for my work email? And does that also mean that i cannot get my sent email from my Mail App to my iphone as well?

I am getting my work email in my iphone and Mail app via pop3.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
ah, pop3!

pop3 only stores the email on that single device. to keep both in sync you have to sync via itunes.

you want to use imap to have everything viewable in both places.

whitewuf

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
hmmm.... that's a hassle.... do you know if BB can do that? i am thinking of getting a cheap BB and use it as a work phone, and of course iPhone will be my flashy phone! :) hahaha

whitewuf

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
btw i tried creating a new account on Mail.app, and then i moved all my work emails in the inbox into the me.com folder. I wonder if it will work.

whitewuf

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Brickman: I tried your method, i ended up having to download 5000 over emails into the inbox, and my past "sent" folders from macbook and iphone are still not sync together.

whitewuf

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Ok, this one is totally out of the topic, but i have a macbook white. Does anyone know how to keep it clean? Mine's starting to "go grayish". I would love to have Garskin, but the designs are just too "hip" for to be used when visiting clients and doing presentations.... lol

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Brickman: I tried your method, i ended up having to download 5000 over emails into the inbox, and my past "sent" folders from macbook and iphone are still not sync together.

Not sure about that. It may be that since the "old" sent emails were from a different server than MoMe, they do not show up?:confused: Someone else will have to weigh in on that one.

How about exchange? is it pretty much the same as MobileMe?

MoMe is "Exchange for the rest of us":) AFAIK, it acts the same as Exchange. I have never used M$ Exchange before though.

Ok, this one is totally out of the topic, but i have a macbook white. Does anyone know how to keep it clean? Mine's starting to "go grayish". I would love to have Garskin, but the designs are just too "hip" for to be used when visiting clients and doing presentations.... lol

I just got finished updating my wife's white Macbook's hard drive to a 320G from an 80G. One of then first things I did was take some regular kitchen cleaner. Spray some on a rag, then gently wipe everything down. I wiped away 3 years worth of fingers prints, dirt, and grime. It looks like a new machine.:cool:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77