MobileMe slugglish lately?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Sluggish in what way? Email delivery? MobileMe web? On the iPhone?

Either way, mine has been perfectly fine. No issues on my side.

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
Sluggish on my iphone... Push doesn't always happen and sending takes much longer than it used to. For example all weekend none of my e-mail was pushed over night. When I first opened the inbox all my messages from over night were downloaded. This morning it seems fine though. Sending is still slow. I hit send and it sits for upwards of 20 seconds before the bar starts to move. Maybe it is a local AT&T network issue.

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
Already tried that, same result. I really would hat to have to restore again. Since 3.0 I have had to do it three times....

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i had some slow issues with my calendar, but that was about it. when i made a change to the phone, and manually synched my comp, the changes didnt show up in my outlook calendar until way later.

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have noticed it to.. a lot of e-mail server disconnection on the web though. The iPhone is working perfectly well.

Has anyone had any push problems with it lately/

jkeith133

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed a little lag on the push email, but I still think it's much quicker than my gmail accounts, either way mobile me is amazing idk how I survived without it

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Same here - have had a lot of mails in the past few days that weren't "pushed" to my iPhone - had to go into the mail app for them to come through. Seems like MobileMe might be experiencing some problems? Or we having network issues?

UTVOL06

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Same here - have had a lot of mails in the past few days that weren't "pushed" to my iPhone - had to go into the mail app for them to come through. Seems like MobileMe might be experiencing some problems? Or we having network issues?

Same here...big delay on some emails about 2 hours ago.. Maybe there is some server maintenance or issues at the moment...most of the time its near instant. what gives?

Still better than yahoo push I'm sure and my company does not use exchange, so really mobileme.com is the best push for me. I have my company email forwarded to me.com address so I get it instantly. was tired of fetching my aol and custom domain emails every 15 min and draining my battery pretty bad. Push has been a good bit less battery drain.

I'm gonna try deleting and re-adding my account.

UTVOL06

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Figured out the entire reason for my delayed push email issues. Wifi on and phone is asleep I don't get my push email until I unlock the device. I turn my wifi off and let it go to sleep..send my self an email and it pushes perfectly. I've been trying this repeatedly and i get my push mobileme mail without fail as long as my wifi is off.

I'm happy to have my push working flawlessly again, but mad at not being able to use wifi unless I can use the below DNS settings and get it working.

WIFI:
Apple - Support - Discussions - Push Notification Doesn't Work When ...

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Figured out the entire reason for my delayed push email issues. Wifi on and phone is asleep I don't get my push email until I unlock the device. I turn my wifi off and let it go to sleep..send my self an email and it pushes perfectly. I've been trying this repeatedly and i get my push mobileme mail without fail as long as my wifi is off.

I'm happy to have my push working flawlessly again, but mad at not being able to use wifi unless I can use the below DNS settings and get it working.

WIFI:
Apple - Support - Discussions - Push Notification Doesn't Work When ...

Interesting - might test mine with Wi-Fi on and off and check...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit