Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

3 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Problem syncing with Exchange and MobileMe

I am currently syncing my iPhone 3gs with Exchange at work. I use Windows and it syncs my outlook contacts, calendar and e-mail just perfect.

But I would also like to have my contacts and calendar sync at home (also Windows). I signed up for MobileMe and added that account to my iPhone. However, when I performed a sync, I ended up with two sets of contacts on my phone - one originating from Exchange/Work and the other originating with MobileMe/Home Outlook. It also did not push my iPhone Exchange contacts from my iPhone to Outlook at home.

I would like to perform a sync and have all my Exchange contacts, etc. sync with my home outlook, and my iphone. I other words have only one contacts file, sync'd up on all three computers.

Is this a setting thing, or is that just the way it works?
    iMore Guru

1,661 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,664 Global Posts

i do not think you'll get your work information on your home computer unless you get IT involved. i believe it is a security issue. you may have to set up a VPN network for your home computer in order to get what your asking for. hopefully someone with more know how will answer this for you.

i also wanted my work calender to sync to my home computer and have yet to find a way to do this. but have found that I really don't need it as I have all the calenders on my phone.
    iPhone Elite

1,986 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts

that is completely normal.

if you want your exchange data at home contact your IT department.