MobileMe 2.0 at WWDC?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Last year Phil Schiller introduced MobileMe at WWDC. This year he's running the show, so will we see him show off a new and improved MobileMe 2.0 for 2009?

And if so, what services would they have to add? We know they're already doing "Find my iPhone" but what else?

I'd like photo syncing (not just galleries), task and note syncing, and much better email handling like server-side rules, and the ability to bring in other email (check other accounts like Gmail does). Server-side Palm Pre style Synergy would be fabulous as well.

What else?

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I would like to see Gmail-like functionality.

YES! Please, the UI on me.com is bad... I'd be in the middle of typing an average e-mail or adding a contact and all of a sudden me.com "updates" and ALL is lost. I have to do it again right after the refresh for it to work, Apple please fix this!

Should have stayed with Gmail..:eek: The stability of the me.com "web app gui dui whatever" is bad!

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Would live to see an update to MoMe! I love Mome!! Synergy like what the Pre "is suppose" to have would be too sweet.:D

st3ph3n

May 23, 2009
Visit site
I used the trial and thought it was a decent enough service for the money. I rarely use web interfaces for mail anyway so that didn't bother me too much. But the real killer that made me not sign up past the trial was that whilst receiving mail sent to my own domain worked perfectly I couldn't reply back using that same address. All of the hosted exchange accounts I've used in the past managed that and the current Zimbra hosted service I use does too. Why can't mobile me?

jplumey

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
I'm hoping for the ability to accept calendar invitations within MobileMe, and hopefully, eventually, the iPhone itself.

Besides that, I don't really care for anything else.

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
My MobileMe 2.0 Wishlist:

1.) Ability to sync outlook (Calendar/Contacts/Notes) even if it's already connected to an Exchange server (Many of us use our work outlook as our "main brain")!!!

2.) Photo Syncing!

3.) iDisk access from the iPhone without the need for a third Party app.

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I like MobileMe but the interface is terrible. That being said though I do still use but only for calendar, contacts, and bookmark syncing.

thptrek

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
My MobileMe 2.0 Wishlist:

1.) Ability to sync outlook (Calendar/Contacts/Notes) even if it's already connected to an Exchange server (Many of us use our work outlook as our "main brain")!!!

2.) Photo Syncing!

3.) iDisk access from the iPhone without the need for a third Party app.

Item #1 would be great. I think this would really help the iPhone in business environments where we are using Exchange/Outlook.

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
Another great usage would be tying into Mobile safari. When you initiate a file download from Mobile Safari it would download the file to an iDisk Downloads folder for you to access.

Really helpful when your company filters won't let you get to something. :)

Christinme7890

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I stayed with gmail, but what I did was I had all of my gmail accounts and school accounts and work accounts forward the emails to my mobileme account. This way everything gets pushed to my iphone. With my mac setup with mobileme sync I don't ever have to worry about using the online website. If I am somewhere without my laptop then I can use the website. If I am somewhere and I need to write an email then I just use gmail. I have experienced when mobileme refreshes while you are writing an email and you lose it. Not a fun experience.

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
I tried switching to GMail, but absolutely hate the management system. I just couldn't get used to it so I moved back. Now I'm trying to switch everything to MobileMe. I found a way to migrate everything over to it from Yahoo and Gmail, but it's a bit of a pain. You have to pull all of it (Gmail, Yahoo, Me) down into Outlook and then drag and drop them to MobileMe which syncs them back to the cloud.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2