Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Weird huh? If I would go in to my account settings for email it would list the Charter account as 'offline' and only respond to emails sent to my Charter email with my MoME outgoing server. That is the main reason why I did not renew MoMe.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Attn. Brickman

Hey Brickman,

I just had an online chat with a MoMe assistant. He said to NOT check the box under 'use this server only' under account settings. So, I wanted to know if that is the way your Charter and MoMe accounts are set up, with that box blank.

Thanks.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Actually, I have that box checked on all my accounts. Personal/Business/MoMe. Now be sure that all the accounts that you want to use are "on-line" and not "off-line". That could make a difference.

I even went up to Mail=>Preferences=>Accounts and all three of my accounts have all the boxes checked, that can be checked, in both "Account Information" and Advanced".

BTW, are you using MacMail or Entourage? I am using MacMail. Not sire if that will make a difference.:confused:

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Well this is confusing. I use MacMail and the MoMe assistant said to leave that box unchecked for all accounts.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I would try what he suggested.:confused: Can't hurt. I have all those boxes checked and when I go to that individual account, hit "New Message" it always puts in the correct "sent from" address.

Now I can always change that "sent from" address if I want to any of the other two accounts. I have had to "correct" the sent from account a few times before, but not that often.:confused:

I will say that I have my Company email forwarded straight to MoMe. I usually do not even check the Company account on mu iMac because everything is pushed to my iPhone through MoMe. I have recently started forwarding my Personal account to a Gmail account so that I can get it "pushed" to my iPhone. I do not have my Charter account set up for IMAP.

DRLyman

Jan 20, 2009
www.LymanPhoto.com
Just signed up

I just started the trial of MobileMe and I love it. I wish I would have found this sooner. This will make things so much easier and quicker for me. Goodbye Yahoo :)

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
I would LOVE to use MobileMe, but it just doesn't seem to work without some sort of third party intervention.

Since my "Main Brain" (Calendar, Contacts) is on a corporate Windows computer using Outlook on an Exchange server MobileMe has treated it like kryptonite and curled into a fetal position of uselessness.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok, you ALL peaked my curiosity again about the wonders of MoMe so I signed up for a 2 month trial to see if I still have email issues. So far so good BUT something is off with my syncing. All my existing data transferred easily to the Iphone, Imac, and Macbook so I did a test with a new calendar item and no go. It is not pushing between the 3. Do I need to do a reset on both computers under the MoMe settings?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I spoke too soon. All is syncing correctly!

That is Great Txdogs!!:) Sometimes when I first started using MoMe I would have to set the preferences before syncing to "MoMe overwrites handheld this time". Just to get everything "up to par" so to speak.;) I only had to do it once or twice back when MoMe was acting fickle in the Fall. I have not had to do that since though and I would not do it if I did not have to.

Most of the time my syncing occurs within seconds..sometimes it will take a few minutes though.

BTW.... shouldn't it be "Tx-dawgs" :D:D

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Does the news of Google Echange services change anyones answer to this question? I have to think that if Google gets Gmail on its exchange service, there is no need for Mobile Me for me...

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
My first day back with MoMe and it sure does eat up the battery! What settings do you all use for automatic syncing? I set mine at hourly.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
My first day back with MoMe and it sure does eat up the battery! What settings do you all use for automatic syncing? I set mine at hourly.

Mine is set this way: Settings=>Fetch New Data=> Push(On)

This way my Emails/Contacts/Calender is push to my iPhone as soon as it hits MoMe. What eats up my battery is 3G and BT.:eek: If I use Edge and WiFi my battery life is much much better. That being said I leave mine on 3G most of the time. I just keep a charger in the Truck with me.:rolleyes:

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I've had it since it was .Mac and love it as MobileMe even more. I will renew again and again. I never had the bad luck that others complained of when it launched for the iPhone.

dnimtz#IM

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm a Windows, Outlook, iPhone user with MobileMe. The functionality is great, and very seamless.

However, it has one really ugly problem - if my laptop happens to change IP addresses (which it does at least twice a day as I move between my work office and home), MobileMe always looses it's association, and disables itself. I then have to go and reconfigure it, and resync it. Then it's good again, until my IP address changes. That implementation is really lame.

Great product though.

- Dan

parishyoung

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
I will renew my MobileMe because it works so well with my exisitng Apple toys.

iPhone
MacBook
Apple TV

But I would like to add that it is a tad expensive....

When I purchased initially I got a discount because of the "Employee Purchase Program" through my work. However the discount is not there at point of renewal.

In comparison to the US we do (as always) have to pay more for the same services overhere in the UK. Which considering I only personally benefit from Push Email it is expensive. But hey ho, I love my .mac or .me email addy and renewl is around Xmas so I just treat myself.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox