• Not sure yet...

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Subject title says it all... when your subscription runs out will you renew it?

As for me, as long as I own a Mac I will be keeping mine.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Voted for not sure yet, since I don't have MobileMe.

If I leave my current job and the new one does not have Exchange support, I will most definitely be getting MobileMe. I know there are free options (mail2web), but I might just bite the bullet and go with the more robust features of MobileMe.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
There is just too much to give up with the iPhone/Mac/MobileMe combo. Honestly, I don't see how someone with these devices could give up MobileMe. It's a perfect match.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I can defintely see the advantage. I'm thinking of going Mac for my next computer and probably will get Mobile Me then anyways :D

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
There is just too much to give up with the iPhone/Mac/MobileMe combo. Honestly, I don't see how someone with these devices could give up MobileMe. It's a perfect match.

If I didn't have my own exchange server then I would be using mobile me! I have never had my contacts so detailed and organized on my phone ever :D

PS Didn't vote because I don't use it and don't plan to because of my current setup

Last edited:

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site

ABSOLUTELY!!!! I just Re-Upped and did not even think twice about it! iMac, Macbook, MoMe, & iPhone all work B-E-A-Utifully!!!

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I had it, used it for a year, and really enjoyed it but I just could not justify the $99 a year for it. And even though I used a @mac.com( before they changed it to ME) email address, after awhile I noticed my darling IMAC started sabotaging my regular email account. It literally started listing my mail account as 'offline' and I'd have difficulty sending email from it. No matter how many times I deleted and re-added the account it was still listed as an offline server.

I may try it again sometime. I did use the online photo album a lot and it was great to sync all my email and calendar events seamlessly between my macbook and Imac but I find I am not missing it all that much.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I *depend* on MobileMe to sync 3 Macs, and they pretty much ensure my environment is the same on every machine I move to, work and home and travel.

I paid the $100 *before* the iPhone came out, and I'll renew again automatically. For me the iPhone is just bonus -- awesome bonus, mind you.

Must. Have.

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I have had MobileMe for two years. I will keep renewing it since it keeps getting better.

And btw, amazon has MobileMe for $70. Quite a savings.

thebrain2u

Sep 18, 2008
Visit site
I just have the iPhone 3G, Macs, and I'm trying to be frugal right now. But, if I got a Mac, I'd definitely want the convenience and power of MobileMe and it'd be one of the first things I'd go out and get.

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
As things stand right now I probably will even though my laptop is running Windows. But if I can get my hands on an Air before November then I'll renew without even thinking about it. You get so much more from the Mac over Windows and even without that the price is decent. $8.25/mon. ($99.00/yr) is not bad.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I love having MobileMe. I think I have now finally got an email address that I will forever keep!

I got MobileMe when I still had a PC and it was great then. But it's even better with a mac!

Oh, and I signed up the first day for the free trial and didn't actually have to pay until December! They kept extending my free trial for various reasons =D

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
nope, they sync sucks, if you change sync settings iphone deletes it, 10 gigs for 100bux for a year is a ripoff, hell microsoft offers 5 gigs and 25 gigs FREE!

when apple can offer a superior version that beats FREE then maybe, till then its JUNK. 99 is ripoff for the sub par service.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
nope, they sync sucks, if you change sync settings iphone deletes it, 10 gigs for 100bux for a year is a ripoff, hell microsoft offers 5 gigs and 25 gigs FREE!

when apple can offer a superior version that beats FREE then maybe, till then its JUNK. 99 is ripoff for the sub par service.

Service is fine. Syncing is fine as well... For what you get, the price is on par with exchange servers (You use exchange correct?) and you get more for your money with MobileMe... You must have some bad luck.

Last edited:

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
So have any of you had problems with your primary email 'pop' being sideswiped by your MAC with MobileMe? I use that particular address for a lot of my email communication and after I had MobileMe for awhile it would not allow me to send email via that pop email address.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site

Actually it is 20G per year for $99. I have heard of some people that use Windoze having trouble with MoMe. Also when MoMe first rolled out there were many problems, but in true Apple form they corrected them in a timely fashion. (more than we can say for most companies)

Like BA said, MoMe is in line with other on-line storage companies ( ie. Box.net). There are free versions of other on-line storage out there with the same or larger storage capacity, but they do not have the same features as MoMe. (ie. Push email, Calendar, sync storage all automatically sycned. That is the true beauty of MoMe)

With "free" you usually get what you pay for. ;)

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
So have any of you had problems with your primary email 'pop' being sideswiped by your MAC with MobileMe? I use that particular address for a lot of my email communication and after I had MobileMe for awhile it would not allow me to send email via that pop email address.

I think I know what you are talking about Txdogs. I use MacMail and I have (had) three accounts set up in MacMail. Personal, Company, MoMe. I have disable Company because it was, IMO, redundancy. What I do now is I just check to see what account the email is to be sent from first before I send it. It is an old habit.

The one thing that I wish MoMe did was allow you to send through MoMe but have it show up as though you sent it from another account. (ie. sent name@me.com shows up as my name@company.com) Gmail lets you do this and I really liked it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I think I know what you are talking about Txdogs. I use MacMail and I have (had) three accounts set up in MacMail. Personal, Company, MoMe. I have disable Company because it was, IMO, redundancy. What I do now is I just check to see what account the email is to be sent from first before I send it. It is an old habit.

My pop email is through a local cable company called Charter. I can't even get DSL yet and we've been in the same house 20 years. Anyway, if I was responding to an email sent to my Charter account, MoMe would block the Charter server and only allow me to 'send' from MoMe. That was my main complaint and I could find no way to resolve it. Otherwise MoME worked great syncing between my Iphone, Imac, and Macbook.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
That is strange. :confused: I am on Charter also for my personal account but I actually did a "test" to see if I was having any problems and did not know it. All was fine. When I "clicked" on my personal account in MacMail it sent just fine and showed up fine.

I wish I was smart enough to tell you what to do, but I am stumped.:(:confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR