Email Issues -- Not about MobileME

mweglarz0

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Ok..so I have a Yahoo email account with the premium service (I think its like $15 a year or something like that). Basically the premium service allows me to utilize my yahoo email address through Microsoft Outlook.

I wanted this so I could read my email if there was ever an internet outage or whatever other problems.

Anyway..when I bought my iPhone 3G I asked the guy at the apple store if having a premium service yahoo account would be an issue. He said "no" and set up my email through the yahoo function on the phone.

Since I've gotten the phone...I haven't received all the emails that I should be. I leave my Outlook open ALL THE TIME and notice 3 or 4 new emails when my iPhone only receives 1 or maybe none. I am in WIFI or 3G area 99.9% of the time so connection is not an issue.

What's wrong? Why aren't I receiving all my emails?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yahoo is a sketchy service on the iPhone. It works... then it stops... something you have to deal with if you use Yahoo.

milani

Jul 17, 2008
ambientrings.com
Yahoo is a sketchy service on the iPhone. It works... then it stops... something you have to deal with if you use Yahoo.

Gmail has had similar problems. I think it's just the fact that all of these services are still growing and being developed, and are now being taxed by a new product (iPhone), so expect hiccups on all counts.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Gmail has had similar problems. I think it's just the fact that all of these services are still growing and being developed, and are now being taxed by a new product (iPhone), so expect hiccups on all counts.

I disagree with that just for the simple fact that it is no different on any other device with the exception of Yahoo push - which is specifically set up that way for the iPhone. Gmail uses the same IMAP settings as it would anywhere else.Even so the iPhone has been out for over a year now. How hard is it to get email right?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox