Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CrzyP
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default Ecobee3 Sensors Disappeared

I have my Ecobee3 and 3 additional sensors paired up with Home in iOS 10. All sensors were showing as favorites on the "Home" screen and I added them to a room named Main Floor. When I removed them from favorites on the Home screen, they disappeared from the Main Floor. I can't figure out how to add them back. The sensor show in the Ecobee app with no problems. Any ideas?
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Ecobee3 Sensors Disappeared

Quote Originally Posted by dukdodgers View Post
    I have my Ecobee3 and 3 additional sensors paired up with Home in iOS 10. All sensors were showing as favorites on the "Home" screen and I added them to a room named Main Floor. When I removed them from favorites on the Home screen, they disappeared from the Main Floor. I can't figure out how to add them back. The sensor show in the Ecobee app with no problems. Any ideas?
    Same thing happened to me. Also due to the ecobee bug it randomly loses connection to HomeKit so I've even repaired it and they have never shown up again. Not sure why
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Ecobee3 Sensors Disappeared

I had to delete my entire setup and rebuild to get the Ecobee 3 to remain paired with HomeKit. The sensors didn't come back. I hope this is resolved in future updates.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Default Ecobee3 Sensors Disappeared

There is another forum for smart home hubs that has some info on this issue. People there are reporting a new update rolling out that brings back the sensors to the HomeKit app. Additionally, you will be able to add the individual sensors to separate HomeKit rooms and use the motion sensor to trigger events. The latest firmware version I have is 3.7.0.936, which is the one that removed the sensors from HomeKit.
    Last edited by CrzyP; 10-15-2016 at 11:09 AM.
    dukdodgers likes this.