Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By adamjustice
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

33 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default HomeKit

How do you create a scene in the HomeKit? I have lutron smart bridge. I want to be able to Siri I am going to bed so it will turn off the lights for bedtime
    iMore Beginner

60 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

Default Re: HomeKit

You need a HomeKit compatible app, and hardware. I've used the app "Home - Smart Home Automation" by Matthias Hochgatterer. From the Home app you create and name a HomeKit Home, then you can create rooms and add your individual accessories to each room (so you can tell Siri to adjust a whole room at a time). You can also create scenes.

I've got a "good morning" and "good night" scene which turns on at a dim setting, and turns off respectively, all lights in my house. I can also say "Hey Siri, set the living room lights to 20%" or "Hey Siri, set the living room lights to pink" etc.
    iMore Nanite

8 Posts

Default Re: HomeKit

@squill I don't think Lutron supports HomeKit scenes so you will need to get one of the HomeKit apps that supports all the profiles. I reccomend our app (ConnectSense) or one of the other free ones like Eve
    adamsteinberg likes this.