How can I get my Philips Hue homekit working?

yankeebhoy

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Philips Hue Homekit not working

Today I received the new hub, transferred everything from my old hub no problem but every time I try to set up Siri voice control it says "Unfortunately your HomeKit enabled Bridge was not found. Make sure the Bridge is powered on and correctly connected to your router. Tap Try Again to start over." The Hue app controls the lights ok but won't pair. I also tried to connect the hub as an accesory on the Home app but it does not find the bridge. I've rebooted the bridge, phone and and router without success and tried on my iPad.

Any ideas?

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Philips Hue Homekit not working

Today I received the new hub, transferred everything from my old hub no problem but every time I try to set up Siri voice control it says "Unfortunately your HomeKit enabled Bridge was not found. Make sure the Bridge is powered on and correctly connected to your router. Tap Try Again to start over." The Hue app controls the lights ok but won't pair. I also tried to connect the hub as an accesory on the Home app but it does not find the bridge. I've rebooted the bridge, phone and and router without success and tried on my iPad.

Any ideas?

If you can't even get the Philips Hue app to connect to the hub it could be a network problem, or a problem with your hub. That's what I'd focus on first and foremost before you move on to HomeKit integration.

If you're willing to start from scratch (as if you just bought your first Hue kit) that might be worth a shot too - something could've gone awry in the transfer form old hub to new hub.

asuperstarr

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

What causes the Phillips hue light to not turn on at times or only one light of the two turns on?

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

What causes the Phillips hue light to not turn on at times or only one light of the two turns on?

It could be a number of problems, depending how you're trying to turn them on. Are you using the Hue app, a Hue Tap, IFTTT, Siri, a 3rd-party HomeKit app? Always go back nearest to the source that you can - the Hue app. Different scenes (i.e. Reading) can include or exclude individual lights so the first step is to make sure what you're trying to do works from the Hue app, because one of your bulbs may not be connected to the Philips Hue Hub.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR