rmadrid20

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
My ecobee3 thermostat does work when my phone it's in my home wifi but when I'm outside my home Siri it's not able to control my thermostat, any of you have this issue too?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's my understanding that your device and mentioned product must be on the same Wi-Fi network. Therefore, if you go outside your home and your iPhone loses its Wi-Fi connection to your Wi-Fi network then Siri will not be able to control the mentioned product.

korey_sed

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Do you have an Apple TV? for homekit devices, you must have an AppleTV to be able to control them remotely via Siri, or the new Home app in iOS 10. But typically, the App from the vendor (ecobee in this case), should be able to do it.

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Will geofencing work with two iPhones? wondering if it is as good as my Nest as I am looking to change to the Ecobee3

I'm not sure if Ecobee3 has its own geofencing feature, but I'm almost positive that HomeKit geofencing triggers only take into account one phone. It's one of the major missing features from HomeKit. It needs to be able to know that when I leave, but my wife is still at home, the lights should stay on. Since it can't do that, it's a useless feature for all but single individuals living alone.

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks mavsguy842 just saved me some money!!
I should also note that ecobee has temp/motion sensors that it uses to determine if someone is home during normal "Away" hours, and which room actually has a human in it is the room where it takes the current temperature from to manage your hvac. I know the Nest does something similar, but only from the thermostat itself (no remote sensors).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW