Wall outlets / sockets

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
That would be WAY better but lets remember they are consumer devices and I personally wouldn't trust the general public to start replacing face plates with live electrics.

Perhaps there is scope to create an "add on' face plate that sits on top of the existing plate and is very slim so looks like a replacement but is just plugged in safely?

Stelios_T

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
That would be WAY better but lets remember they are consumer devices and I personally wouldn't trust the general public to start replacing face plates with live electrics.

Perhaps there is scope to create an "add on' face plate that sits on top of the existing plate and is very slim so looks like a replacement but is just plugged in safely?

Yeah that makes sense, i was thinking maybe our electrician would have fitted them as i don't like to mess with electrical and gas at home.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
With more and more houses being built with HomeKit equipment it won't be long until its there.

However, with roughly 6 plugs in each bedroom, 8 in the front (living) room and 10 in the kitchen there will have to be a good bit of organisation so they can be set up properly