Missed my move goal by 2 cals on 1/10/17. Am I screwed (would date back)

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I just realized that what I thought was a full ring on 1/10, was shy by a few cals. Ive had a 54 day move streak and been doing really well. I flipped my iPhones date backwards to the 10th, and got the last remaining cals I needed in order to complete the ring. Will I be retroactively awarded the longest move streak award and keep my move goals continuous? I don't want this is hinder me getting the January 2017 badge. Ive completed my goals for the 11th and 12th, so now that the 10th is filled, theres technically no break in days showing in my activity history. Will this register at the end of the month properly?

And all you "you cheated" people, gimme a break. I was like 2 cals short, likely from taking my watch off around the house temporarily.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I flipped my iPhones date backwards to the 10th

How did you accomplish that? On two different Mondays I missed my Stand goals by one stand, by a couple of minutes or less. I'd have been tempted to do the same.

Don't know if the Mother Ship knows what you did; if not I'd say you get full credit. If so, I guess you'll find out. I assume this is not for the New Years challenge? You'd still have two chances for that.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
How did you accomplish that? On two different Mondays I missed my Stand goals by one stand, by a couple of minutes or less. I'd have been tempted to do the same.

Don't know if the Mother Ship knows what you did; if not I'd say you get full credit. If so, I guess you'll find out. I assume this is not for the New Years challenge? You'd still have two chances for that.

Yea it wasn't for the challenge, already did that. I just rolled the date back, completed it, and rolled it forward again.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I'd mess with that. Part of what made the watches keepers is my wife and i comparing results. We've had 2% differences some days.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I have aggressive rheumatoid arthritis and I ain't cheating! Lol! I walk at least a minimum of 6 miles a day at work. Sometimes it gets me a few minutes on my exercise goal. I have to say there is no point in setting the date back. It only encourages you to cheat. Take it like it is and push yourself. I went 3 days and collapsed cause of these stupid rings and completing the New Years goal, but 2 wks in and I feel better than I have in years. Hey if you cheat though at least make up by 15 extra minutes of exercise so you don't feel so guilty.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Cheating builds confidence.

Sign at a gym I used to go to. Always made us laugh.

But ultimately we only cheat ourselves. Closing my rings isn't that important that I cook the books. That's why I didn't get my New Years Achievement until the third week.

I've almost quit for the day, thinking I got my circles closed, one time. Sitting at home watching the tube, I took a closer look and found that I was close but no cigar. I had 15min left for the day so I grabbed a flashlight and went for a quick walk. Now I read the readouts and don't rely on the rings. I always walk beyond the halfway point so as to exceed my goals by the time I get back.

And I don't take my Watch off at all, until the goals are met (LOL, prof!)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I hear you.... I have not missed a stand, exercise or move goal since I got the watch in June of 2015. I have a watch face with my rings on it and I keep it on that face until my ring are complete. That way I don't ever miss a day. I get up at 4am to go to the gym, so the Move and Exercise rings are easy. Sometimes I just make it for the stand goals though.

and to answer your question, I have no idea if you will get past credit if you just turn back time. If it worked for you let us know.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have aggressive rheumatoid arthritis and I ain't cheating! Lol! I walk at least a minimum of 6 miles a day at work. Sometimes it gets me a few minutes on my exercise goal. I have to say there is no point in setting the date back. It only encourages you to cheat. Take it like it is and push yourself. I went 3 days and collapsed cause of these stupid rings and completing the New Years goal, but 2 wks in and I feel better than I have in years. Hey if you cheat though at least make up by 15 extra minutes of exercise so you don't feel so guilty.

I feel more obsessed over this sports quantification stuff telling the truth than anything else. It's a part of why my wife and I got these things.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Yea it wasn't for the challenge, already did that. I just rolled the date back, completed it, and rolled it forward again.

So it DID let you roll back and add the two missing cals?? I ask because when I didn't get credit for meeting my move goal recently (despite have a Double Move achievement sticker!), I tried to back up and see if it would help to add more active calories. I couldn't get it to add any.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
So it DID let you roll back and add the two missing cals?? I ask because when I didn't get credit for meeting my move goal recently (despite have a Double Move achievement sticker!), I tried to back up and see if it would help to add more active calories. I couldn't get it to add any.

Yes. It let me roll back, complete the move goal and then roll the date forward to the current day without issue.

Only complication was my continuous new move goal record "60 days and counting" disappeared for like 10 days. So everyday where it awarded me the new move goal record, it stopped doing that for ten or so days. Then out of nowhere, it reappeared, including the days it didn't award me. So when it did come back, it awarded me for 70 or whatever days, indicating no real break in the move streak. It just took some time to recognize the goal was continuous. Get it?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes. It let me roll back, complete the move goal and then roll the date forward to the current day without issue.

Only complication was my continuous new move goal record "60 days and counting" disappeared for like 10 days. So everyday where it awarded me the new move goal record, it stopped doing that for ten or so days. Then out of nowhere, it reappeared, including the days it didn't award me. So when it did come back, it awarded me for 70 or whatever days, indicating no real break in the move streak. It just took some time to recognize the goal was continuous. Get it?

I'm truly baffled. As an experiment, I rolled the clock back to 11pm last night, got up and walked approx. 200 steps. The active calories never changed. Then, when I set my time back to automatic, it immediately credited me some active calories. Bizarre!

As to your move streak achievement indicating no break, yes I get it. I just experienced the same thing this weekend!
Achievements not posting

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods