Drinking One Gallon of Water a Day!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

So lately I have been reading about the benefits of drinking more water. Also my city, has recently instituted a "sugar" tax on beverages with any kind of sugar. In my case that is only the artificial kind, BUT still it costs me extra! So to save money AND for health reason, I have decided to start drinking mostly water. Well I read about this one gallon a day water challenge. Now it's hard, BUT I think I can do it! It's 8, 16 bottles a day. Right now I'm half way through bottle 4.

So who is with me? Lets do this together. Lets drink more water and get healthy!

Rich

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The gallon a day seems a bit much... But, since I went to mostly water, and the occasional juice, and rare carbonated beverage...that and walking motivated by my Watch helped me drop weight where I'm a shadow of my former self...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I was residing in Orlando full time, I could easily drink a gallon of water a day and did it for years. I still drink a good amount of water, but not a gallon a day anymore. I'm so busy at work to where 4 to 5 hours will have passed before I realize that I haven't drank any water or anything else. Anyway, good luck with the challenge. It's easier to do in certain climates...

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting to the water, I promise. I've cut my soda intake to lunch only and I drink G2 Gatorade then water. Soon it will be water only. My other endeavor is the "crazy" one.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I cannot drink That much in one day however I drink about 2 regular bottles and No soda or juice anymore thou a few beers (not every day)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Didn't the rule of thumb used to be 8 8oz glasses of water a day? That would add up to a 1/2 gallon. I can drink more than that but I'm not sure that I could drink a whole gallon. I do recognize that I need to lay off the pop and drink more water; and as I posted earlier I am going to try!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Didn't the rule of thumb used to be 8 8oz glasses of water a day? That would add up to a 1/2 gallon. I can drink more than that but I'm not sure that I could drink a whole gallon. I do recognize that I need to lay off the pop and drink more water; and as I posted earlier I am going to try!

Yes 1/2 gallon is GREAT! but I'm shooting for a gallon a day! Its tough, I have not made it every day to be honest, but I'm coming close. Yesterday I had 3 liters, which is a bit over 3/4 a gallon.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been drinking 120-150 oz of water a day for probably a year or more now. I rarely ever get sick and I don't crave sugary drinks anymore. I do, however, use the restroom a lot.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I drink ½ gallon of water but couldn't drink 1 gallon other than in really hot weather. I don't drink any soda, regular or diet. I do drink coffee and milk.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
It's amazing what you find in drinks when you start reading labels. As a type 2 diabetic, I have to watch everything I eat and drink. While I can drink that much water in a day, I can't drink plain water. It must have some, even the smallest touch, of flavor. For example, I can take a bottle of flavored water, for example, and pour just a bit in a cup and then fill the rest of the cup with water and I'll drink that all day long. It also helps that I get in my 10k steps every day, even if I have to use the treadmill.

teleri69

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I started drinking a lot of water as well in August I passed out do to dehydration,electrolyte imbalance, kidney issues caused my other medications and meds to treat those conditions

I was using a water tracker from the AppStore to track it but I think it was inaccurate. I believe the correct water intake is an oz for every half a pound you weigh.

I got a Hidrate spark smart water bottle on Black Friday where it calculates a daily goal based on your weight and activity tracked through Apple health. The bottle has a meter that tracks when you drink water and the bottle will glow when your behind and you can have your watch and phone notify you.

Yesterday was the first day I reached its daily goal for me of 117 oz and all throughout the day I felt like I was in a commercial for enlarged prostate meds ;(

You might want to check with your doctor to see what the proper amount of water for you should be I know to much water can be a bad thing as well

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Now that I’m back in Orlando, my water consumption has increased again, but not to the gallon a day amount like I used to when I was an exercise freak. Starting next month, it is my plan to get back to my old dedication to fitness self so I’m sure I’ll get back to the gallon a day amount shortly thereafter. We’ll see.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods