And I think I already blew the first week.

As noted in the Thanksgiving Day thread below, Apple has issued another Activity Challenge. Short version— close your three Activity rings every day for one week — Monday through Friday for your next achievement badge. It's not as cool as the Thanksgiving Day badge, but it's an achievement! And you don't get one for just showing up!

The challenge runs for the month of January, so there are four chances to get a qualifying week.

I got up late today. My Move and Calorie goals were met, but I don't think there will be enough chances between now and midnight to meet the Stand requirement. Rats!

The rests of the week may get a pass, or it may be completed for penance. I really did want to qualify in the first week. At least I have three more chances.

Has anybody else started? I mean besides the Crazy Ones who already do it daily.
    01-02-2017 06:27 PM
    And I think I already blew the first week.

As noted in the Thanksgiving Day thread below, Apple has issued another Activity Challenge. Short version— close your three Activity rings every day for one week — Monday through Friday for your next achievement badge. It's not as cool as the Thanksgiving Day badge, but it's an achievement! And you don't get one for just showing up!

The challenge runs for the month of January, so there are four chances to get a qualifying week.

I got up late today. My Move and Calorie goals were met, but I don't think there will be enough chances between now and midnight to meet the Stand requirement. Rats!

The rests of the week may get a pass, or it may be completed for penance. I really did want to qualify in the first week. At least I have three more chances.

Has anybody else started? I mean besides the Crazy Ones who already do it daily.
    Standing is a goal I never fail to achieve. Starting yesterday though I decided to run an exercise on my Apple Watch daily. I believe it counts calories a little more accurately since it's constantly reading your heart rate. It also counts towards exercise minutes. So with that place, I far surpass my exercise goal now and hit my move ring. Two days down this year and I plan on keeping it going. Between that and cutting down on soda, and eventually completely cutting it out, I should see some benefits in a month or two. As long as you wake up before 1pm and don't mind staying up until after 11pm you have plenty of time to complete your stand goal. 11 clock hours. So if you start at noon you can finish at 11pm.
    01-02-2017 06:57 PM
    Yes I've started and yes I'm definitely one of the Crazy Ones since I've done it 529 days in a row. This is one of the times when it's tough because I'm in Chile with a group of MBAs and it's difficult to find time to exercise.
    01-02-2017 09:00 PM
    Standing is a goal I never fail to achieve. Starting yesterday though I decided to run an exercise on my Apple Watch daily. I believe it counts calories a little more accurately since it's constantly reading your heart rate. It also counts towards exercise minutes. So with that place, I far surpass my exercise goal now and hit my move ring. Two days down this year and I plan on keeping it going. Between that and cutting down on soda, and eventually completely cutting it out, I should see some benefits in a month or two. As long as you wake up before 1pm and don't mind staying up until after 11pm you have plenty of time to complete your stand goal. 11 clock hours. So if you start at noon you can finish at 11pm.
    Good for you!
    01-02-2017 09:02 PM
    Well, I only got 11 out of 12 'stands', so this week is shot as far as qualifying goes. I'll make attempts to finish the week, but my heart won't be in it.
    01-03-2017 03:27 AM
    So far so good here!
    01-03-2017 04:26 AM
    I'm one for one so far this week, lol. As long as i can get a run or walk in at lunch the next couple of days I should knock it out this week.
    01-03-2017 09:41 AM
    I close all three rings every day... except over the holiday when I left my charger at home (and was staying with family apparently nowhere near where I could find another)
    01-03-2017 11:30 AM
    4 for 4. 3 days to go. Long as the weather holds and I can get my runs in, I'm good...

Apple's New Year's Activity Challenge — It's started.-img_5809.png
    01-05-2017 04:12 PM
    I always meet my stand goal and on a normal week, I got all three goals 6 of 7 days. I rest on Sundays because when I workout, I workout hard. My active calories is set at 700 and I'm a skinny lady, so it takes a lot to hit it. I need to let my body rest once a week to heal.
    01-05-2017 07:12 PM
    4 for 4 here as well! I normally rest one day as well but just doing a light workout that day to see how it feels.
    01-06-2017 04:29 AM
    As mentioned, I missed out on the first week. Tomorrow is a busy day and I don't think that'll work. Then there's rain for a couple of says. So I'll have Week 3 and 4 to try to qualify.
    01-07-2017 04:17 AM
    Done!!!!!!!!

Apple's New Year's Activity Challenge — It's started.-img_5861.pngApple's New Year's Activity Challenge — It's started.-img_5860.png
    ReeseyKups, tcuprof and phessler like this.
    01-08-2017 05:11 PM
    Done!!!!!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5861.PNG 
Views:	68 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	115438Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5860.PNG 
Views:	64 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	115439
    Congratulations! That's a nicer looking achievement once it's— achieved!

Week 2 starts tomorrow. I'll be at an appointment, so time will be very close if any at all. If the weather doesn't hold, I may have to hit the mall.
    rangerdeyo likes this.
    01-08-2017 06:50 PM
    Apple's New Year's Activity Challenge — It's started.-imoreappimg_20170108_212835.jpg

I was able to complete it! Unlike the Turkey day achievement I was able to unlock it with 3rd party apps.
    01-08-2017 09:29 PM
    Done here as well!
    ReeseyKups, tcuprof and rangerdeyo like this.
    01-09-2017 04:13 AM
    I got for the 1st week. Now on to this week!
    01-09-2017 10:49 AM
    01-09-2017 03:57 PM
    Done!
    tcuprof, rangerdeyo and phessler like this.
    01-09-2017 06:22 PM
    Damn. Got my Move and Cal rings, 11/12 on Stands. Another week shot.

Two more chances...
    01-10-2017 04:19 AM
    Are you ignoring the reminder to stand you get at 50 minutes past the hour? I learned that any delay in standing after the reminder usually ends up with me missing the hour. Don't delay - get up and walk!
    01-11-2017 12:51 PM
    I'm not ignoring it, but due to specific circumstances I've missed a couple. On the last one I'd taken my Watch off earlier when at 2258 I realized that I needed the last two Stands to make 12/12. Put the Watch and walked with what looked like 1 minute to spare but it was too late. I got credit for the 2300 Stand but not the 2200 stand. I needed both.

Interestingly enough, I hadn't been getting many Stand notifications and started to worry. Then I realized I had be walking and standing enough that most hours qualified and that's why no warning. My schedule for the next two weeks should be much more stable.
    01-11-2017 02:00 PM
    I'm not ignoring it, but due to specific circumstances I've missed a couple. On the last one I'd taken my Watch off earlier when at 2258 I realized that I needed the last two Stands to make 12/12.
    You took your watch off before closing all the rings?!? (Look of horror and disbelief!) Clearly you are not sufficiently obsessed!
    01-12-2017 04:37 PM
    I got it the first week. Was pretty trivial, actually.
    tcuprof, phessler and rangerdeyo like this.
    01-14-2017 07:17 PM
    Finally!

Apple's New Year's Activity Challenge — It's started.-new-year.jpg
    tcuprof, phessler and rangerdeyo like this.
    01-22-2017 08:49 PM
29 12