iPhone health app or Fitbit? What do you all prefer?

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I have been using the standard health app for a little while now counting steps calories and I use it with my fitness pal. My question is what do you all prefer to use your iPhone to count your steps floors etc. or do you guys find it better to use a fit bit paired with it. I'm looking for your opinions and what you guys prefer

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Apple Watch, and the built in app, works JUST fine for me. If I did NOT have the watch though, I would probably get a fitbit. I was looking at health bands before I got my Apple Watch. I considered other brands too, although I WAS leaning towards fitbit. :)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Any reason why you wouldn't let your iPhone just take care of the tracking?

The phone and the watch work togther, the watch taps in to the healthkit on the phone. I'm not sure how it all works to be perfectly honest, BUT I just know the watch tells me when I need to stand or to exercise a bit more. And yes the phone know over time how I'm doing with my goals. :)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'd probably use the health app with an Apple Watch. It's more convenient plus, in my opinion, the Apple Watch is more fashionable than the Fitbit.

PAgymteacher

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I have been using the Fitbit app. I like the ease of use and the interface. I think Fitbit does a nice job of laying the content out making it easy to navigate through the app. I just wish there was more features with other users/friends through the app.

Bill2Bo

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
I don't know about you, but I tend to leave my phone at my desk/on the counter all the time. While I'm at the gym I leave it in my locker. It just isn't on me enough to be accurate.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about you, but I tend to leave my phone at my desk/on the counter all the time. While I'm at the gym I leave it in my locker. It just isn't on me enough to be accurate.

I leave it too -- so I'll take some extra steps when I pick it back up to compensate for what I "lost". In the end, I got some extra work in, and even though it isn't registered in my phone, my body knows :)

niharikasarma

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I personally prefer the Apple Watch with phone and the Apple Health. The interface seems easier to follow, and the Apple Watch definitely looks cooler.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Iphone with series 3 aw on LTE with Pedometer + app. During my evening walks and bike rides I leave my iPhone at home and just use my watch and airpods. Works great.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW