Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mumfoau
  • 1 Post By robertk328
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Accessory Editor

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Default What's your favorite Fitness Tracker?

With the new year right around the corner many of us will be setting new resolutions to get into shape and shed some of that extra weight packed on from holiday festivities. There are plenty of excellent fitness trackers available that make it easy to keep track of your progress, set new goals for yourself, and even share your triumphs with your friends and family across social media. We want to know what fitness trackers you're looking to pick up, upgrade to, or are currently using that you're totally happy with.

Some popular Fitness Trackers:

Default Re: What's your favorite Fitness Tracker?

I'm a Fitbit Surge user. It's too big and chunky for my personal preference but I love the features. I also have a Fitbit One that I use when I am at work and can't be seen with an unsightly Surge sticking out of my sleeve.
    iMore Newbie

Me and my wife both had Fitbit Flexes and loved them. Unfortunately, they *both* broke after a year.

The app is really well done, so I might be willing to try and pick up a Charge or a Surge...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Just received a FitBit Charge HR for Christmas... Very happy as that's exactly what I wanted.

I've been going back and forth between continuing with my FitBit or switching to using my 6S to keep track of steps and motion. I feel like I might get credit for too many steps with FitBit (I could be wrong) but with my phone I have to remember to keep it on me to get all of my steps each day.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

I've had the original Garmin Vivoactive for about a year now. Absolutely love it except I wish it had a pretty screen like the AW. However the color E-Ink screen lights up crystal clear in daylight which is perfect when I'm on a run.

I use it heavily for Running-it has an incredible amount of Hague features as well as dual GPS modes, Lifting Weights, Sleep Tracking, Notifications from my iPhone and a few other odds and ends. 7 days of battery life is also stellar with heavy use.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Interesting topic! I need to try.
    iMore Newbie

Which is the best fitness tracker you can recommend ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bayzero View Post
    Which is the best fitness tracker you can recommend ?
    Depends on your needs. I have an Apple Watch so I use a Fitbit One. I clip it to my pant pocket and off I go. I like the social integration that Apple doesn't offer.

I am down to just using my Apple Watch as my fitness tracker.
    robertk328 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Zaniewski View Post
    With the new year right around the corner many of us will be setting new resolutions to get into shape and shed some of that extra weight packed on from holiday festivities. There are plenty of excellent fitness trackers available that make it easy to keep track of your progress, set new goals for yourself, and even share your triumphs with your friends and family across social media. We want to know what fitness trackers you're looking to pick up, upgrade to, or are currently using that you're totally happy with.

Some popular Fitness Trackers:

I currently have the Fitbit charge hr. Originally I liked it, however after having it almost a year, I am on my 2nd band. The bands don't hold up. The plastic separates from the band. Fitbit was great and offered a free replacement but I fear once this one doesn't hold up and it's after my year of owning that they won't replace my current one. I like the design but don't like the quality of build.
    ngc
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

Has anybody bought the new Fitbit CHarge 2?
    iMore Newbie

The fitbit app is hard to beat. I have the one and am looking at the Charge 2.

I'm definitely excited to see how the Nike Apple Watch performs though...

Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    I am down to just using my Apple Watch as my fitness tracker.
    Using my watch a lot, but still use the Fitbit app with MobileTrack to participate in challenges, etc., for motivation. You do have to have your phone with you -- I wish it would read from the watch! But it doesn't hurt to double-up if you get a bit of extra push from the social aspect of the Fitbit app.
    mumfoau likes this.

Default What's your favorite Fitness Tracker?

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Using my watch a lot, but still use the Fitbit app with MobileTrack to participate in challenges, etc., for motivation. You do have to have your phone with you -- I wish it would read from the watch! But it doesn't hurt to double-up if you get a bit of extra push from the social aspect of the Fitbit app.
    I did like the mobile track but didn't do much by way of challenges. Probably should though.

Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    I did like the mobile track but didn't do much by way of challenges. Probably should though.
    I'm doing a workweek challenge with my wife now... I won't let her beat me

Add it back, and we'll challenge! You won't start this week though since it's already Tuesday... but feel free to add me!

Fitbit Friends List
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    6,441 Global Posts

I LOVE my garmin forerunner 235. Coming from a Fitbit it's a whole new world. I've had a Fitbit since the original charge dropped and it has inspired me to live my life differently. I wanted more information on my workouts so I decided to go with the garmin.

I miss the challenge abilities but having the kind of info that the garmin provides is critical now for me to get the best out of my workout.

Some of the things I really like about the garmin as compared to the Fitbit.

Almost 2 weeks battery life
    Always on display
    All notifications come through
    Workout trainer programs built into the watch itself as well as you being able to program your own workout in before going to the gym and use the watch to guide you.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,061 Global Posts

I had a Jawbone Up3 before upgrading to an Apple Watch. I liked it, good tracker, looked stylish and did what it was supposed to do.

I decided to treat myself to an Apple Watch so didn't see a point in the tracker and the watch.

My other half has the Fitbit one and she loves it. Because we have a baby we spend a lot of time walking with a pram. She can clip the Fitbit one to her so it accurately tracks her steps which doesn't happen very well if you have your hand on a pram handle