• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

CONTEST: Eating clean - Day 1!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
It's Fitness Month week 2, and that means nutrition, and that means our Eating Clean contest! Every day this week there'll be a thread in our health and fitness forums, and all you have to do to enter is tell us what you ate during the day. The idea is to get a little community pressure going so we all eat less junk food and more healthy, tasty meals and snacks. If you have a food tracker, a Withings scale, or any other device that helps you out, you can simply share your results each day!

This is a great way to keep us all motivated and accountable, and get a little healthy peer-pressure going! Plus, every day you enter is a chance to win a $20 gift certificate! How's that for motivation?!

So get ready, and get posting in the thread below!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
For the most part I eat the same foods each day, so I will list one of my meals each day.

Today is breakfast:

Caribou Coffee - Caribou Blend K-Cups Keurig, 16 fl oz
Coffeemate - Sugar Free Hazelnut Creamer, 2 Tbs
Nordic Naturals - Ultimate Omega, 1 soft gels
One A Day - Multi-Vitamin Men's Health Formula, 1 tablet
Barlean's - Forti-Flax Organic, 2 Tbsp
Sun-Maid Raisins - Raisins, 1/8 cup
Dannon - Light & Fit - Strawberry 170 g (6 oz)
Bear Naked Fit - All Natural Whole Grain Granola - Triple Berry Crunch, 0.25 cup

Totals:
Calories 386
Carbs 62g
Fat 10g
Protein 10g

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My (almost) daily breakfast:

Coffee - Keurig Green Mountain Coffee Breakfast Blend, 1 cup black
Scrambled eggs (one free range organic chicken egg and 1/3 liquid egg whites)
Sprouts Farmers Market organic multigrain bread with omega 3, 2 slices toasted
Maranatha all natural no stir peanut butter - creamy, 1 tablespoon
Fresh pineapple - raw, 3-5 ounces
Sprouts 1000 mg omega 3 fish oil, 1 capsule
Sprouts Ultimate Capsule dietary supplement/multi vitamin, 2 capsules
Bottled water - 16.9 ounces, 2 bottles

Calories: 331
Carbs: 42g
Fat: 12g
Protein: 19g
Fiber: 7g
Sugar: 15g

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh heck no! Unless I'm preparing to go to a Sandals Resort somewhere, I eat whatever the heck I want and that is why I run so much. It keeps the junk from showing....lol

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Oh heck no! Unless I'm preparing to go to a Sandals Resort somewhere, I eat whatever the heck I want and that is why I run so much. It keeps the junk from showing....lol

I look like I do today because I followed half of your regimen (ate whatever the heck I wanted... didn’t do the running part.) :)

iirishassassin

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Pre Workout (04:30)

Isa-Lean shake with BCAA's

Breakfast (06:00):

1. Steel Cut Oats with scoop of whey isolate protein powder
2. Musclepharm - Armor-V multi-vitamins

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I look like I do today because I followed half of your regimen (ate whatever the heck I wanted... didn?t do the running part.) :)

I hear you. Trust me, I've done the different eating plans over the years, especially during my body building days. Whenever I would prepare to go on vacation, I would eat 6 small meals a day from 6 AM to 6 PM followed by a 16 oz. glass of water. I ate everything from egg whites to cottage cheese and fruit and I was ripped, but as soon as the vacation was over, I was wolfing down burgers, pizzas and hot dogs as if I were a teenager...lol...I don't body build or lift heavy anymore. I'm more cardio-oriented. GOD has always Blessed me with the ability to run. When I turned 40, I was still able to run 3 miles in about 17 and a half minutes. I turn 50 in a couple of months and I bet you I can get close to that feat if I opted to try. Of course, I'm not going to try...lol

aferlynn

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
breakfast:
2 fried eggs
1 glass OJ

lunch:
grilled salmon with squash, brocolli, and quinoa over a bed of spinach w/ honey mustard dressing

snacks:
handful almonds
apple

dinner:
planning on having - grilled chicken over salad with carrots, cucumbers, spinach, romaine, tomatoes, and light balsamic dressing

1147 calories
131 g carbs
38 g fat
73 g protein

will probably be adding an additional snack or two in there since I'm nowhere near my 2,000 calorie goal yet!

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Today I had eleven hourly meals.

8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: two lettuce leaves, two green apples and two bananas.
12:00 PM - 3:00 PM: an orange, kiwi (typed "wiki" by mistake!) and another banana.
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: a quarter pineapple, a green salad with raddishes and green onions.
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: another green salad and a baked potato.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Today I had eleven hourly meals.

8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: two lettuce leaves, two green apples and two bananas.
12:00 PM - 3:00 PM: an orange, kiwi (typed "wiki" by mistake!) and another banana.
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: a quarter pineapple, a green salad with raddishes and green onions.
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: another green salad and a baked potato.

Dude, where's the meat? Dang, at least throw in a couple pieces of fish...:D

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
2 scrambled eggs for breakfast, bottle of water
For lunch and dinner, grilled steak, and bottle of water plus a snack of banana bread.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Breakfast: tea with some Bolthouse Farms chai latt?

Lunch: Turkey and brie sammich at Atlanta Bread

Dinner: Leftover ravioli

Eating has been a challenge since treatments have started. Still working on it.

gorexinfx

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Breakfast - Two Egg Sandwiches (4 eggs total)

Lunch - Grilled Chicken

Dinner- Roast Beef with BBQ sauce, white rice, string beans, rotisserie chicken, and a little bit of sushi.

heberman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I had:

1 Banana
Kellogg's - Fiber Plus Antioxidants Chewy Bars - Chocolatey Peanut Butter, 1 bar (from Costco)
Tuna Fish Sandwich on whole wheat bread with a bit of light mayo and sweet relish
Subway Steak and Cheese on Flatbread W/ Light Mayo, Lettuce, Spinach, Black Olives, Banana Peppers , 12 "
Costco- Kirkland - Chocolate Weight Loss Shake

ljpuk

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up zen and tech and its a great idea having this forum. Im at day one using my fitness pal will report back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok