CONTEST: Stepping up - Day 3!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
It's day 3! What exercise have you done today? What are you planning to do?

--

February is fitness month at Mobile Nations, and you know what that means? we all get together to get in shape, share tips and tricks and recipes for success, review amazing apps and accessories, give away great prizes, and have a ton of fun!

This here is as our first contest, STEPPING UP! Every day this week there'll be a thread right here in the forums -- starting with this one! -- and all you have to do to enter to win is tell us what exercise or activity you did today. It can be walking or running, playing soccer or doing yoga, swimming or dancing -- anything that makes you move. If you have a Fitbit, Nike Fuelband, JAWBONE UP, or any gadget with a pedometer, you can simply share your results!

At the end of each day, we'll pick one winner and give them a $20 gift certificate. How's that for motivation?!

So get ready, and get posting in the thread below!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
warm up run on the treadmill followed by lifting legs and triceps. Then finished with abs. Early morning workouts are the best.

Chubbs258

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm in graduate assistant so everyday is full. I set my alarm on my iPhone for 4:45 I get up eat a banana drink a protein shake. Hit the gym at approx 5:20 and workout for 1.5 hours today was shoulders and traps. I surround my workout with 10-15 minutes hiit cardio. I go home eat breakfast make lunch and the arrive at work. I have work and class all day and study for the cpa exam from 5 to about 11:30. Repeat 5 days a week.

techmom#IM

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Had acupuncture and made more appts. Signed up for Yoga class. Trying to get my back pain down and flexibility up so I can be more active again.

heberman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
30 minutes of brisk walking, 3 minutes of running. Some easy weights. I'm progressing a tiny bit more each day.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Usually I'd go for an hour of running on the beach, but the temperature is below freezing, so instead I'll do three 40 minute sets of DDP Yoga throughout the day.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Got another 2.75 miles in this morning. Times improving... and concentrating on eating healthier. Focus on healthy fats, good carbs and dark green leafy veggies... Feeling better, healthier every day.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just had lunch with my wife at TGI Friday's and I'm full, but I will do 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups and 100 crunches a little later. I highly doubt I'll run today, though.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
JustMe'D - I don't think a big lunch counts as exercise! LOL!!

I went back and forth to the library several times to boost my step count, and will park as far from the door as possible at the 2nd doctor's appointment this afternoon. I laugh at my handicapped placard - HAH!

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Going to do some light cardio today and stretching to help with the soreness and stiffness from doing squating and deadlifts from last night before I start my shoulder & core workout tonight. Will problem do a few laps in the pool with some dry sauna action after to finish the day off.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1360182324.640434.jpg

5.74 mile run at a 8min/mile pace. Went a bit further and faster than yesterday. It's a bit if slow going because of the black ice on the way into the park. With the storm rolling on this weekend I want to get my runs in this week

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I went back and forth to the library several times to boost my step count, and will park as far from the door as possible at the 2nd doctor's appointment this afternoon. I laugh at my handicapped placard - HAH!

I’m not sure you’re correct about D's "workout", Alli.. that’s an awful lot of elbow bending... #justsaying

Good for you, Alli... those placards are to be laughed at! :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
(laughing)...It indeed does not, my friend, but as Fausty82 stated, it took a great deal of elbow bending to wolf it all down...:D

Outstanding! Keep up the good work, Alli...:)

gorexinfx

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I had 6am practice (I play college baseball) and then lifted shoulders and traps after (dumbbell shoulder press, side and front flys, shrugs) and finished up with some core (planks and side planks).

Hope everyone's staying fit!

SockRolid

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from a 6.15 mile walk, 17:23 minutes per mile average.
Tracked using RunKeeper on iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1.

IMG_3221.jpg