Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Actual

Global Posts
    2,358 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default CONTEST: Stepping Up - Day 1

February is fitness month at Mobile Nations, and you know what that means? we all get together to get in shape, share tips and tricks and recipes for success, review amazing apps and accessories, give away great prizes, and have a ton of fun!

This here is as our first contest, STEPPING UP! Every day this week there'll be a thread right here in the forums -- starting with this one! -- and all you have to do to enter to win is tell us what exercise or activity you did today. It can be walking or running, playing soccer or doing yoga, swimming or dancing -- anything that makes you move. If you have a Fitbit, Nike Fuelband, JAWBONE UP, or any gadget with a pedometer, you can simply share your results!

At the end of each day, we'll pick one winner and give them a $20 gift certificate. How's that for motivation?!

So get ready, and get posting in the thread below!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default re: CONTEST: Stepping Up - Day 1

Regularly using my Fitbit now. My goal is 5,000 steps/day. Not a lot, I know, but the other 5,000 steps someone would take are used up by manhandling my walker on and off my car carrier. Gonna have big ole arms and puny legs at this rate. LOL

Global Posts
    3,701 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS7.1b5

I have my goal set to 12,000 steps and 25 flights per day. OH and today is Chest, Shoulder, Triceps and Abs day at the gym
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

Default CONTEST: Stepping Up week 1, day 1 thread

Since my iPhone is with me all day, everyday...maybe if it helped me workout at least there's a bonus to that right?!😉
    I love using the Runtastic apps (squats, sit-ups) it keeps track of when your workout is due, counts down reps, reminds you on workout day...kind of like having a workout partner to keep you honest so to speak! 👍👍
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Running
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

I'm walking. I have an UP, and my goal is 10,000 steps. I haven't hit that in a few weeks because I injured my feet and ankles (I thought I'd run, I thought wrong). Today I'm getting better, so I'm getting back out there!
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

So far, I walked about 2 miles today. Will be walking another couple of miles by the end of the day.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I do my Taijiquan daily. It helps with my flexibility and overall fitness.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts

Playing volleyball tonight. Do I win anything if I've already lost 110 pounds? :o
    iPhone Newbie

You win a longer live, better self esteem, and the admiration of all your friends and family!
    iPhone Newbie

Ran 3 miles this morning. After work it's leg-day (boo) at the gym.

I use my iphone in an armband and use Runkeeper and WeightTraining.com's app Logger. The 2 programs link together so all my data ends up in one place. I'll post a review of these 2 apps on the other thread.

Remember this if you are trying to lose weight. It doesn't matter where the calories come from. You just need to take in fewer calories than you spend. Forget the fancy diet programs and supplements. Just stop overeating and get off your ****!

PST MD
    iPhone Nanite

Started with 30 minutes on the elliptical, 30 minutes on lower leg weights eight machines, finished with 30 minutes on the recumbent bicycle and 10 minutes of stretching.

I use my iPhone 5 with the Sirius app to keep me going. Waiting on fitbit that I saw at CES.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts

Did 45 minutes of karate at my dojo tonight! They kicked my **** with sprints, bear walks, walking pushups, and jumping jacks before we worked single leg sweeps in to ankle locks.
    iPhone Nanite

Just starting again. I did 15 min. Intervals on elliptical. I had my iPhone connected to track on Nike+.
    iMore Intermediate

I ran today but I use my iPod 5G since I am not risking my iPhone5 with sweat damage like I did my iPhone4. Did 5 miles in 39 mins. I'm always proud of myself when I can get my pace under 8min/mile
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default CONTEST: Stepping Up week 1, day 1 thread

Had an awesome chest bulking day in the gym! Copied this from my notes app that I log everything with. Note: I messed up my shoulder from lifting too much improperly a few months ago. Form over weight. It's not how much you lift it's how you lift.

Stretch
    Warm Up: Flat Dumbbell Press
    2x10 @ 35lbs
    Flat Dumbbell Press
    10 reps, 10, 8, 6
    40lbs, 45, 55, 65

Inclined Barbell Bench Press
    3x10
    40lbs, 40, 45

Pulley Flies
    3x10
    75lbs, 80, 85

Triceps Pulldown
    3x10
    50lbs, 57.5, 65

Chest Flies
    10 reps, 8, 6
    115lbs, 130, 145

3 sets of push ups till failure
    8, 6, 5

Spent 12 min in the Dry Sauna
    Late 2011 15" i7 Macbook Pro - - iPhone 5 64GB Black/Slate (VZW) - - iPad 4 32GB Black WiFi - - Apple TV 3
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Today I worked out chest and back using different weight machines 6 different exercises (3 for each section of the back and chest)
    4 sets each for every exercise

Then 45 mins spinning bike

Now downing a protein shake
    iPhone Nanite

Hit the gym. 45 minutes of weight training and 1 hour of cardio on a machine.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: CONTEST: Stepping Up - Day 1

I got free 5 day pass at a fancy health club, so I'm using it to the maximum.

I did an hour of weight lifting, 5K running on a treadmill at 172 bpm average heart rate, 2K indoor rowing and 1 hour of swimming freestyle.

I'm using Wahoo Fitness Bluetooth heart rate monitor with iSmoothrun app, Lifeproof case and armband (which I use on my forearm to see the screen) and Jaybird Freedom sweat proof Bluetooth earbuds.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Going to the gym for an hour!
    Sit ups, pull up, Barbell and planking!
    Lets do it!

what about a fitocracy group?!
    iPhone Nanite

I've been a Weight Watcher member for over 15 years, and lost about 65 pounds total to get to my goal weight. I use Weight Watchers new ActiveLink monitor, that tracks my daily activity points. Here at work each day I walk for 30 minutes on the treadmills at the Fitness Center, during my lunch hour. When I get home from work, I slap on my running gear and run for 45 minutes or more in the evening. At the end of the day, I plug my ActiveLink into the Mac and see how many points I've earned for that day! I range anywhere from 10-16 activity points per day!! It for sure keeps me motivated each and everyday! Thank you!
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I moved to a seaside town a couple of months ago. Ever since then I bought myself a Nano 6th gen and every morning I've been powerwalking to the beach (1km), running for an hour and powerwalking back home. The whole thing lasts about an hour and a half. Perfect for two fourty-minute podcasts!
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

Went for a 45 mins jog before going to work in the morning.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    2,772 Global Posts

29 minutes walking, 3 min running. I'm starting slow, but need to start somewhere.
    iMore Nanite

I'm doing P90X. This is week #2. Monday is Chest & Back + Ab Ripper X.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast