CONTEST: Stepping Up - Day 1

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
February is fitness month at Mobile Nations, and you know what that means? we all get together to get in shape, share tips and tricks and recipes for success, review amazing apps and accessories, give away great prizes, and have a ton of fun!

This here is as our first contest, STEPPING UP! Every day this week there'll be a thread right here in the forums -- starting with this one! -- and all you have to do to enter to win is tell us what exercise or activity you did today. It can be walking or running, playing soccer or doing yoga, swimming or dancing -- anything that makes you move. If you have a Fitbit, Nike Fuelband, JAWBONE UP, or any gadget with a pedometer, you can simply share your results!

At the end of each day, we'll pick one winner and give them a $20 gift certificate. How's that for motivation?!

So get ready, and get posting in the thread below!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Regularly using my Fitbit now. My goal is 5,000 steps/day. Not a lot, I know, but the other 5,000 steps someone would take are used up by manhandling my walker on and off my car carrier. Gonna have big ole arms and puny legs at this rate. LOL

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have my goal set to 12,000 steps and 25 flights per day. OH and today is Chest, Shoulder, Triceps and Abs day at the gym :)

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
CONTEST: Stepping Up week 1, day 1 thread

Since my iPhone is with me all day, everyday...maybe if it helped me workout at least there's a bonus to that right?!😉
I love using the Runtastic apps (squats, sit-ups) it keeps track of when your workout is due, counts down reps, reminds you on workout day...kind of like having a workout partner to keep you honest so to speak! 👍👍

Calistamay

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm walking. I have an UP, and my goal is 10,000 steps. I haven't hit that in a few weeks because I injured my feet and ankles (I thought I'd run, I thought wrong). Today I'm getting better, so I'm getting back out there!

pstmd

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Ran 3 miles this morning. After work it's leg-day (boo) at the gym.

I use my iphone in an armband and use Runkeeper and WeightTraining.com's app Logger. The 2 programs link together so all my data ends up in one place. I'll post a review of these 2 apps on the other thread.

Remember this if you are trying to lose weight. It doesn't matter where the calories come from. You just need to take in fewer calories than you spend. Forget the fancy diet programs and supplements. Just stop overeating and get off your butt!

PST MD

brucepv

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Started with 30 minutes on the elliptical, 30 minutes on lower leg weights eight machines, finished with 30 minutes on the recumbent bicycle and 10 minutes of stretching.

I use my iPhone 5 with the Sirius app to keep me going. Waiting on fitbit that I saw at CES.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Did 45 minutes of karate at my dojo tonight! They kicked my butt with sprints, bear walks, walking pushups, and jumping jacks before we worked single leg sweeps in to ankle locks.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I ran today but I use my iPod 5G since I am not risking my iPhone5 with sweat damage like I did my iPhone4. Did 5 miles in 39 mins. I'm always proud of myself when I can get my pace under 8min/mile

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
CONTEST: Stepping Up week 1, day 1 thread

Had an awesome chest bulking day in the gym! Copied this from my notes app that I log everything with. Note: I messed up my shoulder from lifting too much improperly a few months ago. Form over weight. It's not how much you lift it's how you lift.

Stretch
Warm Up: Flat Dumbbell Press
2x10 @ 35lbs
Flat Dumbbell Press
10 reps, 10, 8, 6
40lbs, 45, 55, 65

Inclined Barbell Bench Press
3x10
40lbs, 40, 45

Pulley Flies
3x10
75lbs, 80, 85

Triceps Pulldown
3x10
50lbs, 57.5, 65

Chest Flies
10 reps, 8, 6
115lbs, 130, 145

3 sets of push ups till failure
8, 6, 5

Spent 12 min in the Dry Sauna

Jay Mobile

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Today I worked out chest and back using different weight machines 6 different exercises (3 for each section of the back and chest)
4 sets each for every exercise

Then 45 mins spinning bike

Now downing a protein shake

anon5640952

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I got free 5 day pass at a fancy health club, so I'm using it to the maximum.

I did an hour of weight lifting, 5K running on a treadmill at 172 bpm average heart rate, 2K indoor rowing and 1 hour of swimming freestyle.

I'm using Wahoo Fitness Bluetooth heart rate monitor with iSmoothrun app, Lifeproof case and armband (which I use on my forearm to see the screen) and Jaybird Freedom sweat proof Bluetooth earbuds.