Best App for tracking your dreams?

Georgia

iMore Prime
Feb 15, 2010
www.tipb.com
I usually would write my dreams down and i sometimes just use my voice recorder but I was wondering if anyone had any better solutions.

If you know a great app for this I would love to know !

Georgia

:p

cbDev

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
She was probably looking for an app to take notes (written or voice) several times throughout the night and then edit or transfer to her 'dream journal' sometime after she gets up for the day. I used to do something similar: I would wake up several times a night and write down key points of everything I could remember about my dreams and then later during the next day I would write them out in more detail in a journal. As for why: The more you do this the better you will become at remembering your dreams. If you do this for a while you should eventually be able to recall half a dozen dreams every night in great detail. It makes the 1/3rd of your life that you waste sleeping far more interesting. Plus it is a basic requirement for lucid dreaming (controlling your dreams), which is what I was interested in.

cbDev

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Lucid dreaming and entertainment.

Lucid dreaming is basically just realizing that you are dreaming so you can control your actions and some (or all) aspects of the dream. I only had a little success with that though: Half the time I would force myself to wake up because I felt like I was in a horror flick and the other half I would forget that I knew it was a dream and lose control again.

Why do people watch TV? The more you record your dreams the more you will remember and the more vivid they will be in your memory. So even though it didn't actually happen it can still become an important or fun part of your life, the same way TV or reading a book or playing a video game can even though you are just an observer. Most of my dreams make little sense but some are incredibly creative. A few of my dreams have some incredible plot twists that actually make sense when I wake up (the majority make absolutely no sense though.) I've gotten a few ideas for projects in real life from my dreams. And you can learn more about yourself based on the recurring themes and characters.

And as a side effect I learned a lot about my sleeping habits and am able to get much better sleep now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods