Everybody's ALL TIME BEST HEALTH/FITNESS APPS

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have been using myfitnesspal since November 2011 and I have lost 35-40 pounds with little to no exercise. I'm 24 and and have been married for five years and am definitely not as active as I use to be. So I was just trying to get back to the weight I was at when I graduated high school.

This app did the trick, and I still use it today.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
+1 on both Nike+ Run (I use it for walking for now) and MyFitnessPal.

Working towards dropping 50-60 pounds... so far, I'm down about 5 pounds after 2 weeks. Tracking my food intake has been eye opening... and I love not having to worry about time/distance/calories burned with walking - Nike+ handles that fine.

Greg Warren

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm a huge fan of Fitocracy's app and the whole community around it. All kinds of support available and using gamification to add "leveling up" to lifting makes it fun for nerds like me too!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Last year when I hit my heaviest weight I decided to lose weight. I got MyFitnessPal to track my calories and I absolutely love this app. It has such a great database of foods things I thought I would never find are on it and the ability to scan stuff is so good. I have gotten three people so far to start using it and I've got it on my iPhone and my iPad. Along with watching what I eat, calories in and calories burned I started to hit the gym. So then I was looking for an app to track my workouts. I didn't want anything crazy just a simple app that would show which days I worked out and what I did. I tried a few and finally used Epic Workouts, it is as basic as they come but that was what I wanted. The others were too busy for me all I wanted to do what have a quick way to add the excercises I did and see which days I worked out. It does have it's downfalls from being so basic like the fact that it doesn't sync means that I only have the info on the one device. If the device is restored and set up as new or the app is deleted I would have to start from scratch but for now it does what I need. My wife is thinking of getting a Nike fuel band so we might be getting that soon and when we start doing "Insanity" we'll most likely get the tracking app.

MyfitnessPal - Calorie and weight loss tracking
Epic Workout - Very basic workout tracker

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Since this thread was just revived from the dead...

I can add that Digifit has just been updated and is all new. I have been a beta tester for months and the new version is GREAT!!!

EdwardSmith36

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Frankly speaking, I'm completely unaware of this type of apps. Thanks a lot Mr. Henry for the list that you have posted about fitness oriented apps. Soon I will give a try on the app mentioned above.!

Bill2Bo

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
I just stumbled across this old thread. In 2016, the Fitbit app is hard to beat. It keeps everything front and center, you can customize it to show whatever you want...
We've come a long way in the last few years!