Mobile Nations Fitness Month Results Post! How'd you do?!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Fitness month is OVER! Here's the massive roundup of everything iMore and Mobile Nations covered in February.

http://www.imore.com/2012/02/29/mobile-nations-fitness-month/

And while we won't stop covering great health and fitness apps and accessories on iMore, we are going to bug you one last time to give us some feedback--

HOW DID YOU DO?

What were your ups and downs? What were your triumphs and trials? Give us your full report!

Also: This is your last chance to enter our monster IPAD 3 IOU give away! Just reply below with your results and you'll get one last entry in the giveaway!

And don't forget, ZEN and TECH is giving away an XBox 360! If you want one last chance to enter that as well, run -- don't walk -- over to Xbox 360 Kinect giveaway | ZENandTECH and enter now!

Contests end Sunday, March 4, 2012 at midnight PST. Enter now!

texaskd5

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
8lb goal via HIIT

Had a goal of losing 8 lbs this month and met the goal mostly by employing HIIT aerobics. Hardest part was getting up 45 min earlier than usual every morning. That and weaning myself off of soda, I do love my DP!

bdegrande

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Good start, not so much later

I had made a commitment to do more exercise this year. I stated walking more, using the Nike+ GPS app to track my progress, and had walked well over 200 miles since the beginning of the year by mid February, but then injured a knee taking a routine step and haven't been able to do much since. I am looking forward to getting back to it.

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
I recently divorced so Mobile Nations Fitness Month coincided with me getting back "in the game' which means losing those "let it go a bit" poundage I've accumulated over the years.

while I'm still far from my core goal, I've managed to drop 9lbs over the past month. just added extra long walks with the dogs and aa change of diet with a bit of portion control.

Now if I could ever get my love of Belgian Trappist Ales in check, I'd shed those pounds quite a bit easier! HA!

jphart99

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Fitness Month Results

My wife and I both dieted during the month of February by following the book, "The 17 Day Diet". I lost 15 lbs and she has lost 12. Great results but the diet is difficult to stick to!

muydess

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
results

I had a goal to lose 10lbs and did fairly well. I stayed away from sweets even though it was hard at times. I will keep it up.

future_nobody

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
In February, I lost just under 15 pounds, which followed a 15 pound loss in January.

Overall, I was really proud of my effort. I have still been using my fitness app religiously to keep my caloric intake down and my activity level up. I've biked to work most of the month, and I've even done well about getting a full 8 hours of sleep. If I can keep this up (and maybe even increase my activity level), I should be at my target weight (high school weight) by next month.

Here's hoping!

babyjsmom

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I lost 11 pounds. Joined the gym and have been going 6 days a week. I have really enjoyed it. I stopped drinking soda and will keep up with that. I have also changed my way of eating and feel better for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonS50

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Keeping you honest

One thing about setting your goals with fitness is the keeping of records and that's where iPhone & iPad apps come in. I have been losing weight and getting more fit just by walking 4 miles every day. I feel better and keeping track and of my walking and the foods I eat always keep me on that track. Everyone is a winner with good health!

RRobinson4633

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I have been using the P90X app to keep my progress. I have lost 15 lbs in 3 weeks as well as gained strength. I also do a non-app yoga class during my lunch at work to stay active. Love being FIT!!

yacoby54

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I attempted the P90X craze, albeit about 3 years after it was popular, but I am proud to say I failed like just about everyone else who attempted it back then. Nothing like being in the majority for such massive failure. Heh.
Oh well, I guess I will be finding something I won't suck at this month. Would be nice to have an iPad 3 to find that new exercise craze to try. ;)

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This month I decided to exercise with my wife, she has these "Walk at Home" DVD's she does and surprisingly enough I stuck with it. Heck I am even up to light jogging for 2 min at a time. A thing I never dreamed even possible before.

This is probably the longest I have ever stuck with any sort of regular exercise, now when I skip a day it feels like something in missing. I never thought I would hear myself say that......

Anyways I lost just about 7lbs this month. Not nearly as well as I wanted to do, but that is due to my lack of eating properly.

My downfall was trying to give up soda.... I tried and tried but just always caved in.

My next major goal is to cut my carb intake in half. Meaning pastas, breads etc, you know the starchy ones!!

Thanks to everyone for keeping ME motivated.

Last edited:

Enzo83

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This was one of the greatest ideas for anyone to do to stay healthier. Thanks for caring about your users. Don't think any other site has anything close to this. I have definitely thought about eating healthier and I feel fresher and more upbeat.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW