Mobile Nations Fitness month: Week 4 (iPod nano + iPad 3 + Xbox giveaway!)

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
fitness_month.jpg

People of iMore, the Mobile Nations Fitness month enters the home stretch!

If you're joining us while we're wrapping this up, don't worry -- it's never too late and you can go read all about Mobile Nations Fitness Month on the front page. But here's still where all the action is taking place. This is where we're setting reasonable, attainable goals. This is where we're starting our pattern for pure win. This is where we're engaging the awesome!

Ready for week 4? Now you have a choice, you can take what you were doing for week 1, week 2, or week 3 and increment them yet another notch, or you can add a fourth goal to your list. Again, whichever way you go, it should be challenging enough that it takes some effort to do it, but not so challenging that you give up before you really get going. Here are some examples.

Nutrition

• Start eating reasonable (smaller!) portion sizes of nutritious, high quality foods like fruits, veggies, fish, and lean meats.

A week is 6 days, you get a cheat day at the end! While all food counts towards the total amount of calories you eat, some give you better nutrient value than others. Try some more nutritious choices!

Strength training

• Do 3 sets of 30 pushups,30 sit ups, and 30 squats every morning right when you get up.
  • If that's too easy, do 4 sets.

You can start with 1 set and work up to 2, or 3 sets and work up to 4. The important thing is to get going! Depending on your fitness level, you can also add other body weight exercises, like chin ups, lunges, crunches, etc. to mix things up and keep them fresh.

Cardio training

• Do 30 min. of cardio, 3 times during the week. It can be running, dancing, martial arts, rope skipping, jumping jacks, anything.
  • If that's too easy, do 4 times a week.

You can run for as long as you can and then walk, for example, if you need to, but you want to try to run -- or do whatever cardio activity you're doing -- for longer each time until you get to the full time.

For example, you can start doing some higher intensity cardio during the length of a TV commercial and work your way up to the length of a TV segment between commercials.

Ready...? Set...? GO!

What's your goal for week 4 going to be? Pick it and stick it in a reply below, then come back every day and let us know how you're progressing! If you're doing well, share your story and help keep us inspired. If you're having trouble, ask questions and we'll be there to help.

The important thing is to do and to keep doing. Pick something attainable and then attain it!

Oh, and you could win an iPad 3! or an Xbox 360 Kinect

You, the iMore Nation, are our motivation. And to keep you motivated, we have some great prizes lined up. Anyone and everyone who participates, who shares their goals and keeps us up-to-date with their regular progress will be automatically entered to into our:

• Weekly drawings for an iPod nano. We're giving away 4 total, one each week!
  • Grand prize drawing for an iPad 3 IOU! (You'll get it when Apple launches it!)

(We're also giving away an [Xbox 360 Kinect from ZEN and TECH/B], so don't forget to URL="http://forums.imore.com/health-fitness-forum/229880-xbox-360-kinect-giveaway-zen-tech.html"]enter that as well![/URL])

There will also be some great app and accessory giveaways along the way to keep everyone on their toes.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, sticking to a vegan diet was easier than I had imagined! Combine that with at least ten hours of cardio/running per week and you've got a very healthy change in lifestyle.

Since the beginning of the month I have managed to lose four kilos and I'm very proud of it!

The goals for this week do not deviate much from last week: get at least ten hours of cardio or running and continue on the vegan diet.

PS: Last weekend was a blast: me and a few friends went to the mountains to do some skiing and geocaching. It was stupendous!

aj34

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Goals this week:

1. go for 2.5 mile run/walk everyday
2. go to bed by midnight
3. reduce candy intake
4. eat more veggies, cut back on breads and processed foods

chrisw329

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
My goals this week would be to get back scheduale only made it through about halfway into week 1. School starting and all today maybe ill have a little more motivation.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm trying to do two things this week. First, I want to get into a healthier sleep schedule, getting at least 7 hours a night, at the same time every day. Second, I'm pushing up the resistance level on my elliptical training by one level. I tested this last week for short bursts and it worked ok. So now it's time to introduce it for a full workout.

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I got sick last monday with a bad cold/fever so I've had to sit the past week out. Going get back into it this week and hit it extra hard. More two-a-days. More chicken/turkey. And more being exhausted. Good times are sure to be had.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Mardi Gras week was, of course, a total wipe. No exercise and too much food all the way around.

But right back to it this morning with an increase in the distance I was walking prior to the holiday. Go me!

rschlameuss

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
4 sets of 40 (pushups, sit ups / crunchs and squats) plus 30 - 45 minutes of cardio 3 - 4 times a week while keeping track of my food intake helped me loose (and keep off) over 35+ for over 2 years now. No diets, no pills. It takes effort, but its worth the result.

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Cant believe it's week 4 already ! I have been doing great. It has been beautiful outside so i have been jogging outside, even tho I live near a lot of traffic, i found this neat jogging trail near my house! My goal for week 1 was to do cardio 6 times a week. Week 2 my goal was to add more strengthening exercises to the mix, For week 3 I did the things from week 1 and 2 but I worked out longer per day to keep myself motivated! For week 4 I think I will continue going to the gym to focus on strengthening, but also, weather permitting, I would love to continue running outside more!
This has been a great journey so far and it keeps me more motivated, talking about my journey and reading about everyone's stories! Best of luck everyone on week 4! :) I hope we can all continue sharing our stories even after February!

henrymagnusrex

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Time flies doesn't it? Already at week 4!

My goal this week is going to be cardio again. It has been up and down for me with the cardio. I do it but don't always feel like giving it my best, so this week I'd like to set a goal in that department.

I'd really like to better my times in my cardio workout, so I'm going to take Rene's recommended goal of running 30 minutes, but modify it a bit and say, every day I run this week (5 times) I want to increase my distance run in 30 minutes. That would mean I have to be pushing myself for improvement every day. It doesn't have to be big improvement, even just a few yards farther every day adds up to shaving off time, so that is my goal this week.

Good luck every one!

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My goals

This weeks goal is to up my mileage to 20 miles. Plus doing Crossfit Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. And oh yeah, to win the League Flag Football Championship tonight.

konis8

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

People of iMore, the Mobile Nations Fitness month enters the home stretch!

If you're joining us while we're wrapping this up, don't worry -- it's never too late and you can go read all about Mobile Nations Fitness Month on the front page. But here's still where all the action is taking place. This is where we're setting reasonable, attainable goals. This is where we're starting our pattern for pure win. This is where we're engaging the awesome!

Ready for week 4? Now you have a choice, you can take what you were doing for week 1, week 2, or week 3 and increment them yet another notch, or you can add a fourth goal to your list. Again, whichever way you go, it should be challenging enough that it takes some effort to do it, but not so challenging that you give up before you really get going. Here are some examples.

Nutrition

• Start eating reasonable (smaller!) portion sizes of nutritious, high quality foods like fruits, veggies, fish, and lean meats.

A week is 6 days, you get a cheat day at the end! While all food counts towards the total amount of calories you eat, some give you better nutrient value than others. Try some more nutritious choices!

Strength training

• Do 3 sets of 30 pushups,30 sit ups, and 30 squats every morning right when you get up.
  • If that's too easy, do 4 sets.

You can start with 1 set and work up to 2, or 3 sets and work up to 4. The important thing is to get going! Depending on your fitness level, you can also add other body weight exercises, like chin ups, lunges, crunches, etc. to mix things up and keep them fresh.

Cardio training

• Do 30 min. of cardio, 3 times during the week. It can be running, dancing, martial arts, rope skipping, jumping jacks, anything.
  • If that's too easy, do 4 times a week.

You can run for as long as you can and then walk, for example, if you need to, but you want to try to run -- or do whatever cardio activity you're doing -- for longer each time until you get to the full time.

For example, you can start doing some higher intensity cardio during the length of a TV commercial and work your way up to the length of a TV segment between commercials.

Ready...? Set...? GO!

What's your goal for week 4 going to be? Pick it and stick it in a reply below, then come back every day and let us know how you're progressing! If you're doing well, share your story and help keep us inspired. If you're having trouble, ask questions and we'll be there to help.

The important thing is to do and to keep doing. Pick something attainable and then attain it!

Oh, and you could win an iPad 3! or an Xbox 360 Kinect

You, the iMore Nation, are our motivation. And to keep you motivated, we have some great prizes lined up. Anyone and everyone who participates, who shares their goals and keeps us up-to-date with their regular progress will be automatically entered to into our:

• Weekly drawings for an iPod nano. We're giving away 4 total, one each week!
  • Grand prize drawing for an iPad 3 IOU! (You'll get it when Apple launches it!)

(We're also giving away an [Xbox 360 Kinect from ZEN and TECH/B], so don't forget to URL="http://forums.imore.com/health-fitness-forum/229880-xbox-360-kinect-giveaway-zen-tech.html"]enter that as well![/URL])

There will also be some great app and accessory giveaways along the way to keep everyone on their toes.

Trying to up my cardio again this week, did pretty well last week, worked out every day. Have to keep it up!

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
My goal is to increase my total running minutes on my treadmill to 20 straight, I'm at 10-12 minutes straight now. I just finished 60 minutes of it right now and burned 525 calories, I usually range 460-475 calories in an hour, so I can see my improvements in the numbers. Also at 12.8 lbs lost so far! YAY! Good luck everyone!!!

pstmd

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Week 3 of Labrada's 12 week workout. I am so sore! But I'm starting to look more toned and my chronic back pain is a little less. Not much weight loss though.

Week 4: Get serious about reducing calories and keep on with the daily exercise

wiggy1

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Wow, week 4 already! Time is going by quickly. I have been able to keep up with my two times a week at the gym and running for 30 min. Unfortunately the snow has hampered my ability to commute to work, but gas prices are remotivating me. There is a new indoor mountain bike park opening up this week and I am planning on going to see how my workouts with the running and increased core training have paid off.

musikaaa

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
So over the past month, I've gone vegetarian, slept more each night, and drank more water each day. This week I add to this... Starting with a mile a day, run everyday.

Very excited!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen