Mobile Nations Fitness month: Week 3 (iPod nano + iPad 3 + Xbox giveaway!)

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Goal is to give up sugar. Gave it up for a time last year, and along with working out, lost 40 lbs, but I have recently started to eat too much sugar again.

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I've managed to keep at it all week and finally took a break yesterday. Waking up to workout before work all week caught up to me and I was exhausted. Decided to sleep in this morning but come this afternoon I'm going right back into it.

I'm staying strong and keeping to eating right and getting a good mix of Cardio/Strength.

Also, I've moved into second place in my office's Biggest Loser contest. A few more weeks to go and I'm in it to win it.

future_nobody

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Finally used all my winter gear to bike to work this morning. It was pretty dang chilly but I feel great. 20-25 minutes each way is a pretty solid workout that also (a) can be done in my commute time and (b) can save me money on transit fares. If I can get my sleeping under control, I'll keep this up through the winter.

mk3s

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
So far I've been running more frequently eating healthier and eating smaller portions and soon I think I might try doing P90x!

ilovebarolo

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Sticking with the Weight Watchers and working out 5-6x a week. Last night was my night off from the gym and I had Chinese food (hunan chicken & 2 cups of white rice.) Of course, though I tracked my food, I woke up 1.5 lbs heavier this morning, which always happens after salty Chinese food. Now I know why they tell you to only weight yourself once a week. :) I have to admit I'm a little crankier on the diet, which always happens. I try not to take it out on anyone! So, I'm still on the goal of losing 1 lb a week - despite my Chinese dinner - and as I have "only" 10-15 to lose (seems like a lot to me), I really can't expect to lose it much more quickly.

babyjsmom

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm still sticking with the nutrition and I have been doing the cardio as well. I did aquacise today and enjoyed myself. I meet with my trainer on tuesday and I have been going to the gym everyday. Loving it. It's also nice that I have a workout buddy.

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Sticking to my cardio and getting back to my targeted areas strength training. Tonight after Zumba I focused on my abs, shoulders, back and arms. It wasn't hard getting back into my flow.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

lawmonkey13

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My running goal for the week is 26 miles. I've been doing about 24 for the last few weeks.

My nutrition goal is to have a protein shake for breakfast with fruit and a pbj English muffin. Then Greek yogurt for lunch with fruit. Then at least 30 oz. of water per day. Got to get my water intake up!

Last either body weight exercises/shadow boxing 1/day for 15 mins at least 5 days out of the week on top of my other workouts.

I love the idea of the fitness challenge! I'm all in!

IqWaN

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
week 3

Its a fine day here.
Target for this week:
Increase the reps for Strength Training
Power Trainining
More Cardio
Cutting down on carbonated drinks

henrymagnusrex

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Really great day today. Pushed hard in my cardio and it FELT GOOD! Feels good to say I haven't missed a day in 3 weeks! Just one and a half to go. Keep it up y'all.

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
my goal is to eat better more veggies and fruits and work out more ill start with some cardio bike and jogging ill have to clean off my shirt rack lol treadmill , then move on to some Strength training.

Last edited:

Schrutefarms

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
My lifestyle change

Hello iMore,

This has been a great year for myself. I have been totally revamping every aspect of my life to change for the better. I started to change my eating style and concept and started losing weight last November and it has been unreal. I have been following p90x (finishing month 2) on a perfect basis without any issues. Along with p90x I implement my own different sets of exercises to add on to what I feel is lacking. This has been such a focus that my wife and co-workers are starting to dislike me because I make them feel bad about their habits.... I really believe if you want to change... You have to look at it as a lifestyle change and nothing less. Being consistent is key to succeeding and to being a better you.

Here is my diet everyday that I follow so you can get a basic idea.

7:00am- Breakfast
My protein drink
One dollop of peanut butter (the organic good stuff)
2 bananas
1 scoop of chocolate protein (25 grams)
And 2 regular spoon sized servings of instant coffee....

Along with 1/2 cup of oatmeal drizzled with a little local honey.

10:00am- Snack
One scoop of protein
21 almonds
1 granny smith apple

12:00pm-Lunch
6-8 ounces of chicken or beef fajita meat
With 2 scrambled eggs mixed with egg whites to lessen cholesterol.

3:00pm-snack
One scoop of protein
21 almonds
1 granny smith apple

5:00-per workout snack
One scoop of protein
21 almonds

6-8 generally workout time with protein drink afterwards
I use two different types of protein
I use combat powder only after weight training. This is a complete mix of different protein and breaks down much slower than regular whey. On cardio days I use regular whey.

8:00pm-Dinner
6-8 ounces of chicken or beef fajita meat
With 2 scrambled eggs mixed with egg whites to lessen cholesterol.
One apple

So with this being done everyday I went from 223.3 to 174.8 in 4-5 months. People say they feel bad for me when they bite down on a burger... I love the way I eat and would not eat any other way... Abs are made in the kitchen...

So iMore... I really really REALLY need this new iPad.... I feel that my diet, attitude, and effort reflects with the goals of the fitness month. I would be extremely grateful if I was chosen.

I wish everyone good luck and please keep this a lifestyle change and not view it as a diet.

Sincerely,

Schrutefarms

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox