Week01day4

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Had a good day grappling today. Went about an hour again. The funny thing about grappling is you can't really stop when you want to, because some jerk will choke or joint lock you. Fear of pain and ego are remarkable motivators.

My cardio still isn't where I want it though. I've determined cardio is like a super high maintenance girl friend. You do everything for it and then the moment you stop, it leaves you and you have to start all over.

Missed my Superfunctional exercises today; time got away from me. I'm not happy about that. I have to start doing them first thing in the morning.

How are you guys doing?

Reactions: winglow

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Today was the first day I actually did all the little strength exercises I've been meaning to do. I did 3 sets of 15 crunches (with a toddler bouncing on my abs at the same time), 10 pushups (4 "real" ones and 6 "girl" ones), 2 sets of 10 lunges on each leg, and 1 set of 10 squats. I was going to do a 3rd set of lunges, but was getting impatient and knew 10 squats would be faster :rolleyes:

I got my fitbit yesterday and I've taken nearly 8000 steps today. It's not as much as I had hoped, considering I went for a nice walk on the beach, but it's something. My goal will be to consistently reach 10000 steps per day until I feel I'm ready to increase that.

Reactions: winglow

henrymagnusrex

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
@Rene-Cardio is tough. Definitely my achilles heal. I love competition because it keeps me distracted while working out. Heck, I can even enjoy weight training because of the variety and intermittent sentiments of achievement between sets. But cardio, doing the same thing over and over again while it slowly becomes more and more painful....not enjoyable to me at all.

That being said though, I went jogging today. In fact, while other people enjoy listening to music to motivate them, I actually listen to iMore and other podcasts to distract me during cardio. It's what gets me through without stopping. I even time my p90x workouts to coincide with the podcasts on Sunday and Wednesday evenings.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It's been a few days now since I started my raw food diet and it feels great! I can't say I miss any of the "ordinary" meals, which is a good thing.

I also wanted to go for a run, but all that snow (OMG my thumbs instinctively tried to type "sn0w"!) around made it difficult, so I settled for a nice cardio-packed session in the gym featuring a 45 minute rowing exercise.

Kitty Cat

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I did 4 sets of pushups, curl ups, squats, one leg mountain climbers, and two leg mountain climbers this morning. I did mostly 15 of them in each set but some sets I went over 15 on some exercises.

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I went to Zumba class which is lots of cardio. It also included some strength training (squats and lunges) mixed in. I do Zumba 3x's a week.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

alphalife

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Rene,

Just listened to your podcast and heard about this challenge. So first off thanks for sharing the info.

I suggest checking out P90X. They have really nice workouts that have great cardio like kenpo x. Plus they have a really cool iPhone app.

Good luck with your challenge.

ilovebarolo

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Joined a gym on Saturday and did 35 mins of treadmill on Day 4. I like doing high incline (10 or 11) so I really feel it in my butt and hamstrings. I was sweating! Felt great and no awful soreness. I wonder if that means I have to ramp it up.

MunchkinD13

Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Did my first 5K Saturday. I didn't run the whole thing but I was happy with the results anyways. My goal for this week was to get my mile time down to 14 minutes and I did that Saturday. Was pretty happy about that. Thought it would take me a few more days. It's still slow but I'm getting there. A little each week.

winglow

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It's been cardio, Lifecycle and the Precor today but just a important - adding more veggies and less fat.... Let's go Heart!

neur0tk

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I usually do 30mins of cardio and 30mins of strength training in the mornings before work I do that about 6 days a week I am loosing weight and then putting on muscle mass

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Just finished up another hour on the treadmill, tomorrow night will be a 2.5 hour karate class, that means wednesday I have to treadmill for an hour, then thursday is another 2.5 hour karate class, friday sat, sun are treadmill....and the cycle continues!!! I'm stoked with my progress so far!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2