favorite healthy foods!

jannet1

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I like Russian salad. It has fulfilled all healthy thing which would you need, especially cream and milk. there are most important thing for health body.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I’ve replaced my morning fried eggs (2) with the combination of 1 egg and 1/3 cup of egg whites... scramble it up and bang, tastes just like regular scrambled eggs with much less calories, and 0 fat. Add a slice of quality whole grain organic toast and a teaspoon of organic fat-free peanut butter and a wedge of pineapple for a satisfying, healthy breakfast.

Between meal snacks consist of things like Greek yogurt with granola, low-fat cottage cheese, raw almonds or a piece of fruit (apple, banana, mango slices, pineapple,etc). Sliced veggies are also good snacks - zucchini, cucumber, carrots, broccoli florets, grape tomatoes, baby carrots...

Williamscot

Banned
Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I keep a supply of raw veggies & fruits, cleaned and chilled in the refrig for quick snacks. Try the old stand-bys carrot and celery sticks, cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, orange wedges & grapes (grapes are good frozen too!) in the refrig to nibble on. Raisins and other dried fruits make good snacks. Dried prunes are actually great for snacking, really sweet & chewy.... but you have to be careful not to eat more then a few every day.

JB01

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Almonds are my go to food when I'm hungry in between meals. Just grab a handful and go. No sneaky snack foods to ruin my (hopefully) healthy day!

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
A stovetop steamer is an excellent purchase for anybody looking to easily prepare healthy foods. As simple as boiling water. And it's very quick too. Most things take less than 5 minutes.

ela1n3ko

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I love vegetables! I always choose vegetables over meat! Weird.. but I will NEVER be a vegetarian. I love my chicken and fish ! I like to bake some vegetables into the oven with some salt and pepper, maybe some olive oil, and some Parmesan cheese. I always make my healthy smoothie in the morning that will either be green (kale, fruits, water) or my steamed vegetable juice with some fruits! And at night, my mom will make the whole family some fresh green juicE!! Its bitter but I feel my body getting healthy!! :) EAT MORE GREENS!!

ela1n3ko

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I like to make sweet potato and carrot fries! The colors are the same, and they both taste the same when you bake them. Slice the carrots and sweet potatoes into fries like shapes, toss it in a bowl with some olive oil and salt & pepper (optional) and bake it in the oven @ 350 degrees for 30 min or more. Remember to flip the 'fries' once every 20 minutes or so. :)

I also enjoy my green juices! :)

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I like to make sweet potato and carrot fries! The colors are the same, and they both taste the same when you bake them. Slice the carrots and sweet potatoes into fries like shapes, toss it in a bowl with some olive oil and salt & pepper (optional) and bake it in the oven @ 350 degrees for 30 min or more. Remember to flip the 'fries' once every 20 minutes or so. :)

I also enjoy my green juices! :)

Okay, I'm going to have to try the carrot fries.