Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 13 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Actual

Global Posts
    2,374 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Mobile Nations Fitness month: Week 1 (iPod nano + iPad 3 giveaway!)

People of iMore, the Mobile Nations Fitness month has begun!

You can go read all about it on the front page, but here's where the action is taking place. This is where we're setting reasonable, attainable goals. This is where we're starting our pattern for pure win.

Not sure how to start? Pick just ONE thing from this list and make it you goal for the week. It should be challenging enough that it takes some effort to do it, but not so challenging that you give up before you really get going. Here are some examples.

Nutrition

• Stop drinking sugary drinks for a week (or beer of that's more your thing).
    • If that's too easy, stop eating fast food/junk food for a week.

A week is 6 days, you get a cheat day at the end!

Strength training

• Do 2 sets of 10 pushups, 10 sit ups, and 10 squats every morning right when you get up.
    • If that's too easy, do 4 sets.

You can start with 1 set and work up to 2, or 3 sets and work up to 4. The important thing is to get going!

Cardio training

• Do 15 min. of cardio, 3 times during the week. It can be running, dancing, martial arts, rope skipping, jumping jacks, anything.
    • If that's too easy, do 20-30 min. at a slightly higher intensity.

You can run for as long as you can and then walk, for example, if you need to, but you want to try to run -- or do whatever cardio activity you're doing -- for longer each time until you get to the full time.

Ready...? Set...? GO!

What's your goal for week 1 going to be? Pick it and stick it in a reply below, then come back every day and let us know how you're progressing! If you're doing well, share your story and help keep us inspired. If you're having trouble, ask questions and we'll be there to help.

The important thing is to do and to keep doing. Pick something attainable and then attain it!

Oh, and you could win an iPad 3!

You, the iMore Nation, are our motivation. And to keep you motivated, we have some great prizes lined up. Anyone and everyone who participates, who shares their goals and keeps us up-to-date with their regular progress will be automatically entered to into our:

• Weekly drawings for an iPod nano. We're giving away 4 total, one each week!
    • Grand prize drawing for an iPad 3 IOU! (You'll get it when Apple launches it!)

There will also be some great app and accessory giveaways along the way to keep everyone on their toes.
    Thanked by:
    IqWaN (02-07-2012), timidement (02-10-2012)
    App and photo editor

Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I'm gonna shoot for the strength training! Even though I don't qualify to win the iPad 3, I'm still excited about this
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I started out the year by starting to walk again. My goal is simply to continue doing 20 minutes of brisk walking every day from now on.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5

I'm choosing cardio. I have started doing the insanity workout on MWF and either running, swimming, or riding the exercise on TTh.

Im using the iMapMyRun app to track the days I go running.
    Hook 'Em Horns!
    iPhone Nanite

I'm running a half marathon on the 12th, so I guess I'll go with the cardio since I'm going to be running 5-10 miles a day already.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Why is P90X not a choice?!
    iPhone Newbie

No soda for a week.
    Mt. Dew is my Achilles heel...my sweet, citrus-flavored, caffeinated Achilles heel..this starts tomorrow right?
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

I'll be going for the strength training, since i'm already on the nutrition and cardio training. Super psyched! need to lose 20 lbs. this year!
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5.0.1

I am going to drink more water and less diet pop! going to hit up the gym before work
    iMore Intermediate

This week my goal is to 1. Stop eating out fast food/cook more at home and 2. Cut sugary drinks!

I've already got an action plan set in place by going to the grocery store and mapping out my meals every day plus workouts between my work schedule.

4 lbs is going to be my goal. Let's get it!! Everyone use this thread as a positive tool and let's help each other.
    iPhone Nanite

FInally!! Something that's gonna motivate me more to hit the gym. I already do occasionally, but definitely not as much as I'd like to. Anyways, I think I'm gonna go with the high intensity cardio training and a little extra muscle/tone building this week. I might even go with the diet plan as well. Well, thank you so much for the mental boost with the iPad 3 giveaway, etc. I'd really love to win one. Can't wait to start later this afternoon!!
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Going with number one. Working in a mall makes fast food an easy lunch.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default 4 weeks ahead already

I've been doing 40-50 minutes switching between running and walking (more walking than running) three times a week but I'm resting from a knee injury. I learned the hard way that warming up before is veeeeery important. I think next week I'll start again slowly. In the meantime I'm doing some cruches, pushups and situps.

BTW, I'm using micoach from Adidas app in my iPhone to track my workouts. It's amazing.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS5

Talking Ohhh Exciting!!!

Great contest iMore!! my week number one goal is to continue with my cardio and strength training. Karate two times this week and in between some treadmill! Another part of that goal is to stay on course with my eating. I started January 3rd 2012, and I have lost 10 lbs now!

Good Luck everyone on the iPad3 contest! Soooo exciting!
    "Hello my name is Kristy, and I'm an Appleholic!"

Twitter: @Kristy_Lyn
    iPhone Newbie

Nutrition and a little cardio for me! Need to eat healthier and move around a little bit more!
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Sikora View Post
    Why is P90X not a choice?!
    I'm going to be doing the cardio portion of P90X, everyday this week, Ive already started eating healthier so this is the perfect way for me to kick my @$$ in gear and start working out again.
    iPhone Nanite

I started the Mens Health Old-School Workout Program this week. I've been struggling to keep a routine and controlling my meal portions. Found a great app to track the workout, Fitness Fast. Now all I need now is a portion control app.
    iPhone Intermediate

I'm gonna shoot for Strength training. Yesterday was my first workout in maybe 4 1/2 months. Really want to kick it into gear and shed 10-15 lbs before May.
    iPhone 4s | iPod Shuffle | AppleTV 2nd Gen
    iMore Newbie

Default Cardio!

I've been trying over the past month to run every day and I'm going to really kick it into gear now!
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm getting to the gym! 30 minutes of cardio.
    This is my plan for the week: 1 day Biceps 1 day chest until the end of the week.
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version
    iOS 5.0.1

I'm in! I've got more pounds of baby weight to lose than I care to admit

I'll do the cardio this week -- probably just walking, as I'm a bit out of practice!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm going to stop drinking soda for a week. Or longer if I can. I've been planning on doing this anyways. This is just more push to do so
    Twitter & Instagram = @billiber
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

i'm going to do cardio AND stop drinking sugary drinks
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Ritchie View Post
    Click to view quoted image

People of iMore, the Mobile Nations Fitness month has begun!

You can go read all about it on the front page, but here's where the action is taking place. This is where we're setting reasonable, attainable goals. This is where we're starting our pattern for pure win.

Not sure how to start? Pick just ONE thing from this list and make it you goal for the week. It should be challenging enough that it takes some effort to do it, but not so challenging that you give up before you really get going. Here are some examples.

Nutrition

• Stop drinking sugary drinks for a week (or beer of that's more your thing).
    • If that's too easy, stop eating fast food/junk food for a week.

A week is 6 days, you get a cheat day at the end!

Strength training

• Do 2 sets of 10 pushups, 10 sit ups, and 10 squats every morning right when you get up.
    • If that's too easy, do 4 sets.

You can start with 1 set and work up to 2, or 3 sets and work up to 4. The important thing is to get going!

Cardio training

• Do 15 min. of cardio, 3 times during the week. It can be running, dancing, martial arts, rope skipping, jumping jacks, anything.
    • If that's too easy, do 20-30 min. at a slightly higher intensity.

You can run for as long as you can and then walk, for example, if you need to, but you want to try to run -- or do whatever cardio activity you're doing -- for longer each time until you get to the full time.

Ready...? Set...? GO!

What's your goal for week 1 going to be? Pick it and stick it in a reply below, then come back every day and let us know how you're progressing! If you're doing well, share your story and help keep us inspired. If you're having trouble, ask questions and we'll be there to help.

The important thing is to do and to keep doing. Pick something attainable and then attain it!

Oh, and you could win an iPad 3!

You, the iMore Nation, are our motivation. And to keep you motivated, we have some great prizes lined up. Anyone and everyone who participates, who shares their goals and keeps us up-to-date with their regular progress will be automatically entered to into our:

• Weekly drawings for an iPod nano. We're giving away 4 total, one each week!
    • Grand prize drawing for an iPad 3 IOU! (You'll get it when Apple launches it!)

There will also be some great app and accessory giveaways along the way to keep everyone on their toes.
    Already doing the strength training by using the Gorilla Workout app, so I'll choose the cardio! Need a reason to get myself running on a regular basis!
    iPhone Nanite

Default P90X2 is for me

I have been doing p90X2 since the beginning of the year.
    I will continue that for another two months.
    I will add some running on the treadmill also.

I have given up Meat.
    I have given up sugary drinks and snacks.
    I have given up junk food.

I don't think there is anything left to give up. I don't drink or smoke so that does not even count.

Let's all keep each other motivated. This is a great idea.
    Jordan
Page 1 of 13 1234 ... LastLast